Free Good Free stuff

dcforester1

Finally enjoying my tank
Due to a death in the family this stuff needs to go. I am not holding anything and it’s first come first served. I want it ALL taken. The good

Aquarium plant Reg

GEO Large calcium reacto

Reef Octupus skimmer with an Avast Cleaner

Many titanium heaters

External Pumps

Pick up in Malden TODAY!!!! Not tonight or tomorrow

Call Derek 617-549-4949. Please don’t call to ask to come tomorrow or late tonight.

A donation to my brother would be appreciated but not required. I would have posted in For Sale but I am no longer member

Attachments

• 8C44CEBB-E9A8-46B6-8431-684B28CEFAAA.jpeg
    8C44CEBB-E9A8-46B6-8431-684B28CEFAAA.jpeg
    217.2 KB · Views: 641
  • 5A0C3D3E-A3A0-4CDA-B677-3A1EC388F890.jpeg
    5A0C3D3E-A3A0-4CDA-B677-3A1EC388F890.jpeg
    232.7 KB · Views: 657
I just wanted to post a follow up to this. I hope that the MODS will keep this up so maybe someone will think twice before giving something away. I had a family member take their own life last April. They did it at home, so needless to say it has been tough to be in that house and do much of anything. I am writing that not for sympathy, but to let you know how low a person will go for something free. I posted some items for free with no strings attached. I was a fellow reefer so I know so items were worth some money, but didnt have the time to deal with it, and without being a paid member you cannot post. Someone called and said they would come and get them. In the meantime someone else had called first, but I didnt realize it. This person said they could use a skimmer and that was about it. I told him I would ask the person coming if they needed it, and if they didnt it was his. The person came, and I explained to him that he was actually the second person to contact me, and he told me he actually needed the skimmer and was going to use it, so I called the other reefer ands apologized to him. The guy came picked everything up and left. About 40min later I realized I had given away a DC motor that wasn't suppose to go. I immediately called the guy, and told him I could meet him to get it back, he told me it was gone already. I was little confused because he told me he lived over an hour away. So I am guessing he sold it on his way home, although I was pissed, I did say he could sell whatever he didnt use. Well Imagine my surprise when I get a text saying that everything I had given him was for sale. I was hurt, and angry. I felt I Wanted to help a new Reefer, as so many had done for me when I first started out. When I started my first reef tank I turned to BRS. I was an active member and enjoyed going to meetings. As life got more busy, and I sold my tank I wasn't on here much anymore. I remember buying my first skimmer. I can't remember the member but he lived in Newton. He was going out and told me to leave a check, yes a check in the mailbox!!!! I asked if he was afraid I wouldn't leave it, and I will never forget his reply, We a are a community here, and we dont do things like that to each other, and WE didnt. Or when another reefer (Dong) knew my daughter was struggling with AP chemistry and he tutored her for FREE every Sunday. She is now a Pre Med student, THANK YOU Dong!!! Or when David from Lexington tank had caught on fire and me and a couple other reefers helped him dismantle the mess, and the 180gallon tank over 3 days. I am sorry I dont have my tank anymore, but if this is the type of members BRS has, I am certainly glad I am no longer a member. Also the member in question I think people can figure out who he is. His For Sale thread was shut down, and I wished I could have seen what people were saying. To the reefer who alerted me please reach out to me I found some stuff for you. Please he knows who he is. I dont remember his name but I remember where he lived, so please if it wasnt you please do not contact me. In case you can't figure it out, he posted on this thread was more concerned about telling me I got a PM, than offering any condolences.

I saw the guys 'for sale' thread a few weeks ago now...I was really surprised he was selling so much high end equipment all at once. When confronted about what he was doing, he immediately became defensive and started attacking others that called him out on it.

What that guy didn't know is that the people here aren't stupid and won't be forgetting who he is for a long time. Although it's not exactly acceptable to stoop to his level, I think I speak for most of us here when I say that he is not representative of the BRS community as a whole. I just got back after a long period where I didn't exactly have time for a tank and BRS welcomed me with open arms...ready to share their knowledge and enthusiasm for me getting back into the hobby.

'No good deed goes unpunished' comes to mind, but lets not allow this frothing cup of skimmate deteriorate our community here.

I saw the guys 'for sale' thread a few weeks ago now...I was really surprised he was selling so much high end equipment all at once. When confronted about what he was doing, he immediately became defensive and started attacking others that called him out on it.

What that guy didn't know is that the people here aren't stupid and won't be forgetting who he is for a long time. Although it's not exactly acceptable to stoop to his level, I think I speak for most of us here when I say that he is not representative of the BRS community as a whole. I just got back after a long period where I didn't exactly have time for a tank and BRS welcomed me with open arms...ready to share their knowledge and enthusiasm for me getting back into the hobby.

'No good deed goes unpunished' comes to mind, but lets not allow this frothing cup of skimmate deteriorate our community here.

Im glad to hear that. I haven't had a tank for a couple years, so I haven't been around for awhile. Im glad that there are still good people here. I have had a lot of people reach out to me thru text and PM and I really appreciate it. I didnt mean to paint the group with such a broad brush, but was a little disappointed to say the least. Its funny when my kids were small I always had a tank, and now that they are older, and I have more free time, I dont. I will get back onto one day.

Derek

Sorry for your loss ... Not sure who this person is, but sadly def a lot of lowlife scumbags on brs as of late ...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Im just getting into reefing now. Had a 35 gl hex for the last 5-6 years with just a couple clowns. Got it for my boy on his 5th or 6th birthday. The first time I came on this site one of the first posts I saw was this one. Dcforester1 had just put it up that day. Anyway, I’ve posted a few questions in reef talk and honestly the feedback I got was awesome. This place is great... I’m addicted. I come on here a few times a day now. I’ll be a member shortly. It annoys the hell out of me how people have zero integrity like the guy mentioned here. Makes me want to strangle them. This past weekend I ran into a guy selling a tank. Trying to teach my 11 yo son the value of keeping your word I purchased the tank against my better judgement. Got it home and nitrates were 160 ppm. Long story short I brought it back and got our money back with quite a bit of conversation I’ll not mention. Good thing that came out of it Is another lesson learned for my son... always have and keep your integrity unlike the guy I ran into and this guy in here. Without it you have nothing. Your a loser without it. Anyways glad to be here and look forward to learning

Sorry for your loss man and sorry you had to deal with sh** like that.

I like to think of us all here as a big reef family

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Wow, sorry to hear this. I bought some stuff a couple months ago and things changed but I feel guilty even posting the stuff I bought for sale so I haven't posted anything.

If someone could PM me who this was so I can be sure to stay away from selling or buying to him it would be appreciated.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back