Guy poisons 600 Gallon Marine Tank on purpose

GobieWanKenobie

Hair Algae Cultivator
What an A-hole.

Man charged with killing marine creatures at Dunedin fish store

The Associated Press

DUNEDIN, Fla. - A disgruntled customer was accused of killing more than 350 marine creatures by intentionally contaminating an aquarium at an exotic fish store.

Jeremy Armstrong, 27, was arrested Thursday and charged with animal cruelty for allegedly tossing chlorine powder into the coral display tank at Exotic Aquatics.

Store manager Craig Johnson said that after Armstrong left the store on June 1, employees smelled chlorine and noticed the 600-gallon tank had clouded.

The fish in the tank "were dropping like flies," Johnson said.

Snails slid off the sides of the aquarium. And the coral "closed up ... shooting slime out of their mouths," Johnson said.

He said hermit crabs, sand stars, Mandarin goby, several species of snails, starfish, clams, algae-eating fish, 20 to 30 types of coral, and one horseshoe crab, all died.

Johnson said that on the previous day, Armstrong was upset that he couldn't exchange an exotic fish he had bought.

Armstrong killed roughly $3,000 worth of marine life, according to the jail affidavit. The rare blue dot grouper from the Red Sea he had wanted to exchange cost $70, Johnson said.

Armstrong was being held Saturday at the Pinellas County Jail on $1,500 bail for the animal cruelty charge, but was being held without bond on charges of violating his probation on a credit card fraud charge.

http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/apnews/stories/061204/D835J1N00.shtml

Ahhh, my home county of Pinellas...

Funny this happened while I'm down here...

It was a big story on the local news,

Matt:cool:

There was a guy locally a few years ago who's wife got really pissed off and dumped bleach into his 180 reef. TOAST. How someone could do that I don't know.

Yeah greg.......I heard that from the guy directly. If it's the same person. They are divorced now!!!!

A guy poured gin into a tank at a Falmouth restaurant 3 or 4 years ago, killed everything. I know they got him not sure what they did.

Regards,

Jim

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back