Gyre.... To gyre or wave?

aresangel

Tim- 2020- Secretary, 2019 BRS President
BRS Member
Hi everyone,

I have a CP40 in my 75 gallon tank at school. With corals in there on full blast it is blows away my lps/softies... but the sps look happy. Even on 40% it is pushing the softies and lps hard. yesterday I switched it to the pulse/wave maker mode. The LPS and softies are now loving it... but the sps polpy extention has gone down.

So I guess my question is... what is a better system for moving water in the tank? Wave pulsing for all? or gyre? I can always move the lps/softies to the lower flow areas on the opposite side of the powerhead if need be. Or do people have successful sps and lps tanks with the wave pulsing action of powerheads?

Thanks for the input and suggestions.

-Tim

I had the same problem and the only solution for me was to move the lips and softies to a low flow area. Now everyone is happy

So you keep yours on gyre mode? I was thinking about that. Right now I have all the frags on some egg crate at the top so re-arranging is easy enough but some are lose and I would either have to mount them to a plug or find a place on the rock I want them to be.... only problem is I am thinking about re-arranging the rock soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, mine is set on gyre mode. I did move a few rocks around so I could create a few more low flow areas towards the center

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back