Halide T5

Platehead

Non-member
Thinking of switching from LED to MH T5. Looking for recommendations for a fixture with legs to go on a 4’ 120 mixed reef that can sit on top of the tank. No way I would drill into my ceiling.
Thx

there are some fixtures on ebay. old school sunpod would work. that said, you were be better off hanging big pendant mh's. there is no comparison as the reflectors in a tank mount are usually tiny ...

If your led is more than 3 to 4 years old, will you consider giving newer led a try? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your led is more than 3 to 4 years old, will you consider giving newer led a try? Thanks

See this is an issue for me. Am I supposed to shell out $800x6 every 4 years for lights? that's 4800 as opposed to 3x80 annually that's 960 for 4 years.

And don't get me started on wattage.

The advantage would be for those with heating issues.

You are correct with the math only if you buy those $800 led that only cover a smaller area.

Since the OP said hanging is not an option, that rule out metal halide pendants. That left with those over priced german halide fixtures that you need to sell out extra to get mounting legs.

ATI 48 inch 6 bulb t5 will work great but again there is no mounting legs for it

Back