Help!

Ive been working a lot lately so I haven't been able to pay much attention to my tank. Today I noticed my female clownfish going berserk on the male. They've been together for about 2years now and I've never seen this before his fins are all nipped to hell and he's gilling hard trying to hide from her. What should I do?

That’s a bummer! Were they ever bonded/inseparable? Or were they just kind of tolerating each other? I have a pair of clowns in my tank bonded and laying eggs, at one of my tanks at school I had a solo clown, so I bought a young clown to pair. They eat near each other and tolerate each other but are not bonded.

I wonder if that scenario may cause future aggression?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a bummer! Were they ever bonded/inseparable? Or were they just kind of tolerating each other? I have a pair of clowns in my tank bonded and laying eggs, at one of my tanks at school I had a solo clown, so I bought a young clown to pair. They eat near each other and tolerate each other but are not bonded.

I wonder if that scenario may cause future aggression?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think they were bonded, they were sharing the anemone and would sleep near each other.

How have they been eating?
I notice my female will get very territorial even with the male if she’s hungry.

How have they been eating?
I notice my female will get very territorial even with the male if she’s hungry.
Honestly not too great, like I said ive been so busy with work that ive been relying on my wife to feed them and she may have missed a few days...

I kept her in the first chamber in my sump for 2weeks. She's been back in the display for about a week now and so far so good. I've been feeding once daily.

Thanks, I had them for a few years. I got her from a guy on FB he's a part of a clownfish club on there. He sells onyx clowns that have direct lineage to "Rods Onyx" I'm not sure if he's still breeding them it's been a few years. He's a good guy to deal with. I'll look him up and see if he's still breeding. I got him from Miguel on here. He had a batch of these guys and they all head perfect coloration on the heads. I'd like to breed them but I don't have the time anymore.

Last edited:
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back