Hey Everybody. Here's My 50 Gallon "IN-WALL" REEF

RKsportDriver

Hey everyone I have been on here only a couple times and decided to post up some of pics of my tank in order to share with everybody. The tank has been set up for about 3 years now and I did everything myself, upgrading from my first tank which was a 12 gallon JBJ nanocube. The tank started out as a 30 gallon in the same wall with a 20 gallon sump. I decided I wanted more depth so I upgraded to a 50 gallon with a 40 gallon sump, 2 months before I left for Iraq. I'm in the Marine Corps reserves and left may 2008 and just got back this May so I had great guy named Mike take care of the tank when I was gone referred by Coral Reef Aquariums in Seekonk. Let me just say that he did an awesome job and all the corals and bta you see in the tank were all freebies he threw in when he was gone. If you would like his number just pm me and I will let you know. So here is the specs on the tank

Equipment
-50 Gallon Glass Aquarium
-40 Gallon Glass Sump with baffles I made with glass sheets from HomeDepot
-AquaController Jr. with temp/ph probes
-Ecotech Vortech MP40W (had 2 tunze nanostreams but clamps always broke
-ASM Gx4 Skimmer ( a lil overkill never hurt)
-JBJ A.T.O.
-Current 1/15 h.p. Chiller
-Current Sunpod 2x150 watt hqi de metal halides (Current 14ks)
-AquaMedics Return pump? I think

Tank Temp- Constant 78.5 degrees F (The chiller and heater connected to the aquacontroller do an awesome job)

LiveStock
-80lbs of Fiji Live Rock from Coral Reef Aquariums "awesome stuff"
-2 False Perculas
-1 Longnose Hawkfish
-1 Green Mandarin
-1 yellow watchman goby
-1 Randalls pistol shrimp
-2 Porcellian crabs
-1 Cleaner Shrimp
-1 BTA
-Xenia
-Colt Corals
-Mushrooms
-Zoos
-GSP

P.S. Sorry for anything I missed and feel free to ask any questions about the setup.

In the 30 Gallon
HPIM0474.jpg

HPIM0545.jpg

HPIM05451.jpg

HPIM0546.jpg

Welcome back, nice lookin in the wall setup! I like having the controller in the front like that.

Sorry about that guys, I'll see if I can fix the pics to turn them the right way. Not exactly a photographer lol, Thanks for all the feedback.

Back