Hey, new to saltwater hobby

tryisforfail

BRS Member
Just recently got into the salt water hobby I'm going on 3weeks with this 32g bio cube. And I bought live rock from a member on here and it came with a few travelers. Some starfish a crab brissle worms :( and a few other interesting critters. But my question is about the starfish they are multiplying like rabbits wondering if this is bad or good?

I always liked a little starfish they seem harmless have had them in my cube for years now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're unable to add pictures it might be because they are too large. There's a program I use called Light Image Resizer that let's you set a maximum image size (in bytes) and reduces the image appropriately.

yes the guy at the LFS told me about them after i asked him and showed him the pictures after looking this up on google. Thank you

One thing to keep in mind about harlequin shrimp is they ONLY eat starfish. So once they eat what you have (which wont take long) you will have to continue providing them with starfish to eat.

I have little asternia and brittle starfish in my tank and as of yet they haven't harmed anything. I think its interesting watching stuff that finds its way into our tanks.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back