How to catch a fish

Rgbpixels

Non-member
What is the best way to catch fish quickly? I have an ich outbreak despite 30 day qt procedures.
Have not been able to find a decent trap locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How big is this fish?
Could make a fish hook without the barb and go fishing. if you know where it sleeps and is easy to get to , after lights out for a hour turn your light completely on , the fish will be temporarily blinded and you can net him

How big is this fish?
Could make a fish hook without the barb and go fishing. if you know where it sleeps and is easy to get to , after lights out for a hour turn your light completely on , the fish will be temporarily blinded and you can net him

My kole tang died this morning so I now have 13 fish to try to catch. I’ll try the lights trick. Thanks

I am sorry to hear about the Kole [emoji22]

I’ve totaly dismantled my tanks before to remove all fish. Hate it but it was necessary. I’ve also recently picked up an aqua medic fish trap. Caught the sole missing wrasse that eluded me in one day. May be worth trying a fish trap unless time will not allow it.

I’ve totaly dismantled my tanks before to remove all fish. Hate it but it was necessary. I’ve also recently picked up an aqua medic fish trap. Caught the sole missing wrasse that eluded me in one day. May be worth trying a fish trap unless time will not allow it.

Thank you.

I’ve had some luck with putting mysis or brine in a specimen container. I had to do it repeatedly before the fish felt safe enough to swim into it but once they did it was simple.

But I also have a yellow tang that harassed every fish in my tank. I couldn’t catch him. Finally got him out when I transferred everything to the 180. Now he is in solitary in the frag tank. I leave a mirror on the side of the frag tank so he can harras himself.

I’ve had some luck with putting mysis or brine in a specimen container. I had to do it repeatedly before the fish felt safe enough to swim into it but once they did it was simple.

But I also have a yellow tang that harassed every fish in my tank. I couldn’t catch him. Finally got him out when I transferred everything to the 180. Now he is in solitary in the frag tank. I leave a mirror on the side of the frag tank so he can harras himself.

The mirror part really made me laugh!!!

What is the best way to catch fish quickly? I have an ich outbreak despite 30 day qt procedures.
Have not been able to find a decent trap locally.

With the lights off it’s easier to catch because the fish doesn’t see you as well as during the lights on

How much room do you have in your tank? The AccliMate by Reef Gently is a great trap for many types of fish.

http://www.reefgently.com

For the Mods: I am no longer affiliated with Reef Gently and get no proceeds from any sales. I just still really believe in the product.

Back