I’m an idiot.

One Eye

former vp of pr
I had a fluval 14 on the second floor. Everything else is in the basement. The fluval had Zoas and Acan’s. Mushrooms. I decided the fluval would make a good quarantine so I broke it all down. Moved all the corals and fish. Cleaned all the pumps. Heater. Skimmer. Was cleaning the tank and dropped it into the cast iron sink in my basement. Broke it.

While I wouldn't call you an idiot to your face... I could not agree more!! Careful careful!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Would have made a good quarantine tank with the built in chambers.

Maybe I can pull the chambers out and fit them in a 20 long that I have collecting dust.

no sir...I'M an idiot. took my JBJ30 outside one of the warm winter days in January to wash it out...rinsed with hosewater and scraped all the algae I could of of the glass. made a vinegar and luke WARM water solution to scrub down the rest of the coraline on the plexiglass divider...snap, crackle, pop...and the rest is history. I do like the new design of the JBJ30's with the holes drilled in the divider to keep the water 'even(ish)' during water changes and the lower sump portion that keeps the water more level with the rest of the tank...even with my drastically overpowered return pump.

point of the story is...we move forward...that's all we can do, right? the week I broke my tank, I also hooked up the battery cables backwards on my generator and fried the starter solenoid. i was not a very pleasant person to be around that week...kinda surprised I still have a girlfriend, actually.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back