I feel like a newbie all over again!

JimN

Reef Hack
BRS Member
I am not sure how much of the old guard is still around and remember me. I was one of the original founders of the BRS and Treasurer. I got us the 501(c3) non-profit status. It was chaotic, but fun times. It is great to see the BRS thriving. I left Boston 14 years ago for a work assignment in Tokyo that was suppose to last two years! I really missed the BRS and the hobby during those years. But I am finally moving back to Boston in July. I can't wait to get bak into the hobby and to get involved in the BRS again. I have been away so long that I feel like a saltwater virgin! Which is a great feeling because I get to enjoy re-learning this hobby all over again as well as to see what has changed over the past 14 years in terms of the equipment and knowledge about maintaining reef aquariums. I look forward to meeting old friends and making new friends this Summer.

Cheers
Quy (aka Jim Nguyen ... Jim was my alias when I was trading frags in the back alleys of LFS and I didn't want to use my real name with total strangers, lol. The name stuck.)

Welcome back & thanks for helping make this club possible! What kind of tank did you have before?

Welcome back!

It is cool to see you return and see the club is still around! I am about to step down from my rabbit club and hope it lasts another 50 years!

Welcome back to the club and hope to meet you at a meeting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welcome back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hope the time in Tokyo was nice! I visited Tokyo and Japan a couple times and I would go again.

I am not sure how much of the old guard is still around and remember me. I was one of the original founders of the BRS and Treasurer. I got us the 501(c3) non-profit status. It was chaotic, but fun times. It is great to see the BRS thriving. I left Boston 14 years ago for a work assignment in Tokyo that was suppose to last two years! I really missed the BRS and the hobby during those years. But I am finally moving back to Boston in July. I can't wait to get bak into the hobby and to get involved in the BRS again. I have been away so long that I feel like a saltwater virgin! Which is a great feeling because I get to enjoy re-learning this hobby all over again as well as to see what has changed over the past 14 years in terms of the equipment and knowledge about maintaining reef aquariums. I look forward to meeting old friends and making new friends this Summer.

Cheers
Quy (aka Jim Nguyen ... Jim was my alias when I was trading frags in the back alleys of LFS and I didn't want to use my real name with total strangers, lol. The name stuck.)
What's up with all the old guys coming back all of a sudden? It's like someone flipped a switch.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back