I need help

ileas

Non-member
Over the past week or so my tank has been developing what I suspect to be dinos. They're brown and stringy and have bubbles attached to them. They're covering the walls, corals, rocks, and all the equipment. How can I get rid of them?

I have heard of success with adding some new established rock, a good UV sterilizer and good maintenance. Siphoning all the time and keeping up with water changes.

Went threw the same thing. Didn’t keep doing any water changes did two 5 day black outs and they went away for now. It’s hard to get rid of them for good. I’ve read the best thing to do is keep all levels accurate and add live rock and some live sand. The good bacteria will make them die out. Coral snow is also a good option I’ve heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How old is the tank?

Most tanks have a Dino outbreak when newish. If it is a new tank keep up with siphoning out on water changes and it will pass.

If it is an established tank or a major outbreak then the black out, siphon, and other suggestions guru master suggested in that thread.

How old is the tank?

Most tanks have a Dino outbreak when newish. If it is a new tank keep up with siphoning out on water changes and it will pass.

If it is an established tank or a major outbreak then the black out, siphon, and other suggestions guru master suggested in that thread.

Its almost 4 months old

Went threw the same thing. Didn’t keep doing any water changes did two 5 day black outs and they went away for now. It’s hard to get rid of them for good. I’ve read the best thing to do is keep all levels accurate and add live rock and some live sand. The good bacteria will make them die out. Coral snow is also a good option I’ve heard.

with a newly set up tank?

Sorry I didn't follow through with your response! Have you done the black out, water changes and siphoning? How is the problem going? I would think it is going down by now since it has been two weeks.

it has been going down im seeing very little now i even grab my corals and put them near the powerhead to knock any off they love it!

I hate new tank syndrome! When I started my tank I thought that just meant the first month or two... go to find out different cycles can lead to another algae type of cycling. My tank leveled out around 10-11 months. Some tanks take a year to stabilize, some 3 months. Now if there are issues with my tank it is because of my neglect.

If I spent a quarter of the time on the tank as I do on the forums my tank would be pristine!

I hate new tank syndrome! When I started my tank I thought that just meant the first month or two... go to find out different cycles can lead to another algae type of cycling. My tank leveled out around 10-11 months. Some tanks take a year to stabilize, some 3 months. Now if there are issues with my tank it is because of my neglect.

If I spent a quarter of the time on the tank as I do on the forums my tank would be pristine!

Ha!

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back