I wanna move up to Nashua, get a nice little spread, get some sheep...

ReefNoob

Non-member
New guy here up in NH. Have a Nano tank (fluval spec V) at the office that I've had some LPS (didn't do very well) and a few inverts in the past. Looking to reboot, possibly with Harlequin Shrimp. Looking to start something up at home as well and interested in taking a lot of info in as I've seen a few tanks crash from friends.

(the Nashua line was a quote from Good Will Hunting. I grew up and live here) Looking for feedback on a good size to start a home reef. I don't want something as tiny as the fluval because more volume = more wiggle room if something goes wrong, but also not looking for something giant that I'll have to break the bank on lighting and filtration. As of right now, I'd like to have liverock, hardy corals, reef friendly inverts, and a few smaller active fish to give me some stuff to check out when I'm bored.

Hi all. I've held off on a home tank as we got a big one at my office last summer (Red Sea Reefer 450). We are running two Radeon XR30w Gen 4 Pros for lighting, M1 Return, and two MP40w's and a Nyos skimmer which I'm having some issues with. We have a nice Duncan colony, an open brain, a few hammers, a donut, and a nice bubble coral. Had a nice Mai Tai clown who decided to jump this fall, so we've got a custom screen top which is really nice and currently a royal gramma with the tank to theirself. I'll try to figure out how to post some photos and get a tank thread up soon. Have a 40 gal each ro and mixing setup in the basement, and an additional DIY 5 gallon gravity fed RO top off so weekends don't lead to low levels on Monday mornings. Using Tropic Marin reef pro salt and have noticed the Calcium levels seem kind of low (I mix to 1.025 SG). Any feedback on best way to increase CA? Have also had issues with salt creep onto the air adjustment screw on the skimmer which is incredibly frustrating if anyone has help with that.

Nashua, once time (in 2003) it was voted the best place to live in america.
If you're referring to the Money magazine rankings, it accomplished that feat twice. First in 1987 and again in 1998! We're currently a lowly 16th as of 2016.

Back