If a fish dies….?

MichaelJ

Reefer
BRS Member
If one dies overnight or whenever…and it gets eaten up by the critters in your tank, do I need to rest for nitrates or nitrite ? Or something else?

My water has good levels, it started to swim with its nose pointed up at an angle at the top of the tank, came home and it was 75% eaten. I brought home a quarantine set up but a day short…sadly.

If you don't leave the fish carcass in there to decompose and we aren't talking about a huge fish in a nano tank, then water parameters will likely be unaffected.

If you don't leave the fish carcass in there to decompose and we aren't talking about a huge fish in a nano tank, then water parameters will likely be unaffected.
That’s what I figured, my clown are still looking good, I think it was a bladder disease, the outside of the fish looked good, no white stuff.

In my small reef tank, I've lost firefish, small gobies, etc and never found them. I figured the worms took care of it. If I see it I will obviously remove it. Levels have never been affected.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back