Reef Deal Instant Ocean - buy 3 get the 4th free at Chewy.com

JeanR

BRS Member
1625061203915.png

Is this the salt of choice for reef tanks since Reef Crystals contain too high a concentration of Alk?

I ordered 4 boxes yesterday and they arrived on my porch today. impressive!

Be very careful peeps. Client had issues with this salt. Fillers in it contained high nitrates. Test for it. Totally shocked. This company also has changed its salt. Please be on your guard.

I've used it for years and never had a problem, but then again, I have old stock. I would be interested to know if anyone finds a problem with it.

I've used it for years and never had a problem, but then again, I have old stock. I would be interested to know if anyone finds a problem with it.
So has this client. We began testing rodi. Nothing. Icp test on newly mixed came back after we did our tests which showed extremely high nitrates. Icp on newly mixed showed same. Were not quite sure what filler it is. We are looking into finding a company to test to see what it actually is. Very scary. Couldnt get nitrates down in tank they wouldnt budge. At last resort i began testing back to source. I couldnt believe it. I mixed and mixed all different batches off that bucket and the reads were the same. We mixed batches off 2 other rodi systems and got same results. Company working with these people. In process rep said they have changed the salt. Just test your newly mixed if you use. Use precaution here folks.

So has this client. We began testing rodi. Nothing. Icp test on newly mixed came back after we did our tests which showed extremely high nitrates. Icp on newly mixed showed same. Were not quite sure what filler it is. We are looking into finding a company to test to see what it actually is. Very scary. Couldnt get nitrates down in tank they wouldnt budge. At last resort i began testing back to source. I couldnt believe it. I mixed and mixed all different batches off that bucket and the reads were the same. We mixed batches off 2 other rodi systems and got same results. Company working with these people. In process rep said they have changed the salt. Just test your newly mixed if you use. Use precaution here folks.
How high was the nitrate in newly mix IO salt?

When I see bullshit, I call it bullshit.
There’s a reason why Dong asked for the nitrate level. Any measureable amount of nitrate is highly unlikely to kill anything never mind wiping out a tank. 40ppm of nitrate in a reef tank is quite common. For a freshly mixed saltwater to have 40ppm, and to actually raise the level in the tank to toxic level is as fake as fake news as they come.

I just mix a batch of regular IO salt to 1.025, tested with Salifert nitrate test kit, the reading is 0 ppm

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back