Lighting

bdaley

BRS Member
Good day club gurus I have a question on these lights I have Radion XR15 G5 Blues. The question is my tank is going to be 90% softies Zoas and Mushroom a hammer or two. A monti and select Millies. Should I use any of the premade lighting configs that are built into Mobius or fine one from one of you finer reefers?

Thank you for your assistance.
This is for my Waterbox 100.3 using their Radion arms if that matters.

The prebuilt settings are a good start, I changed it by adjusting the ramp up period. Defiantly take advantage of the par meter rental to map out the par in the tank though! I like the AB+ setting and just adjust the intensity to my target range.

thank you, I just ordered a Par meter the other day, I like to have one handy also I will be able to let club member that are close by have use of it.

how long do you have your light on, I have starting at 1100 and going off at 2130

I have mine on a 80 gallon deep blue. So it is shallow. I have the diffusers on the lights. I run them at 70% and they come on at 7 in the morning and shut off at 7 at night with 3 hours of moonlight. I have them on the arms from Ecotech as well.

So im really stretching the reach of the lights. I wanted to have some spots with lower par to have acans and other stuff that doesnt need much lights. I have zoas and sps right underneath the lights and they have not melted. The sps is newer so I do not have any growth really to compare.

Definately use the acclimation mode on the lights if you are transferring from another tank.

agree on the acclimation as I have a large number of Zoas coming in the next 2 days and they are going to be on frag racks near the top and middle of the tank so I can keep a good eye on them as I dip them a couple times of the next week

I just looked at my settings, they do a pretty fast ramp to 80% stay there starting at 12:17 then start the ramp down at 20:09. For the next hr it is pretty much just the blues till the turn off.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back