Meet the Moderators of Boston Reefers Society

BiGGiePauls33

Current BRS President
Staff member
Officer
BRS Member
@mnavick @afboundguy @CAPSLOCK @Flame Angel @Greg Hiller @s_kelley @stingythingy45 @MikeG @JohnK @Joe Rice @cilyjr

Please add you bio with the format seen here:

Screen Name - @mnavick

Current BRS Position - Moderator

Real Name - Mike

Me.jpg

Why I chose my screen name - Somewhat self-explanatory, combination of first/last name :)

Current Tank Specs - 150g in-wall mixed reef, 2-SB Reef 32"PRO LED's. 90g sump w/RO 3000 INT Skimmer. 55g fuge.

Link to Build Thread - http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/index.php?threads/90g-to-150g-upgrade.102751/ From 9/2010, YIKES!! lol

Area of Strength in the hobby - Guess just years of experience

Years in the hobby - Joined in 2003(??) from a recommendation of a Petco employee, but started with just a 55g in 2000.

Favorite Hobby Outside of Reefkeeping - Dad of two young boys, so that takes up most of my free time. Outside of that, running.

Current Tank Photo -

Tank.jpg

Screen Name - CAPSLOCK

Current BRS Position - Moderator

Real Name - Becky

20201109_163420(0).jpg

Why I chose my screen name - it's what happens when you're asked for a screen name and find inspiration in the keyboard...

Current Tank Specs - 75g algae-stricken mixed reef, 20g sump.

Area of Strength in the hobby - I am definitely more fish oriented.

Years in the hobby - ~15 in SW. ~10yrs ago i transitioned from FOWLR -> reef.

Favorite Hobby Outside of Reefkeeping - Universal Studios! Closer to home, escape rooms.

Screen Name: s_kelley
Current BRS Position: Moderator
Why I chose my screen name: Well....it's my name!
Current tank specs: Tankless after my 80G shallow reef exploded a few years back, I still lurk on here though.
Area of strength in hobby: Always willing to learning something new.
Years in the hobby: Too many, since I was a child and my father had salt water tanks.
Favorite hobby outside of reefkeeping: Mostly stuck at work now a days, but, cars, firearms, fishing, outdoor stuff.

Screen Name - @afboundguy

Current BRS Position - Moderator and "assistant" site administrator

Real Name - Dave

Why I chose my screen name - no I am not an Abercrombie and Fitch fashionista I was actually supposed to join the Air Force after college but that never ended up happening so I was an Air Force bound guy. I just kept it as it stuck and I didn't want to change a bunch of screen names :cool:

Current Tank Specs - 25'ish cube with 3'ish HOB fuge with a coralbox moon LED light

Link to Build Thread - http://bostonreefers.org/forums/ind...dguys-downsizing-25-gallon-cube-build.111356/

Area of Strength in the hobby - I just know everything about everything! NOT!!! I'm always learning and just know a lot about about a lot and if I don't know I ask someone who knows more than me and I'm afraid to admit I don't know!

Years in the hobby - Not sure but it's been probably 20+ years. Started when I was in Junior HS waaaaayyyy back in the day so crap it's probably been 25+ years now man do I feel old...

Favorite Hobby Outside of Reefkeeping - Hanging out with my dogs and afboundguy's better 1/2 and I'm just starting to pick back up model railroading that I used to do when I was a kid with my dad...

20210116_095921.jpg

20201230_184051.jpg

Current Tank Photo -
20210111_141237_HDR.jpg

Screen Name - @Cpage101

Current BRS Position
- Moderator & Vice President

Real Name - Corey Page
89C791F5-B605-4B15-B3C7-D2379F2B7E7A.jpeg

Why I chose my screen name - (cpage101) I have had this screen name since the early days of AOL. I use this for all my accounts so I only have to remember 1 screen name.

Current Tank Specs - 120 Gallon All-Glass aquarium 48” x 24” x 24” I run 48” photon v2+ led with aquatic life T5 hybrid with (3) ATI blue + and (1) ATI coral+. (2) gyre 330’s and (1) ecotec MP40. adding (2) more MP40’s soon. The heart of the system is monitored by many neptune apex items. I run Trigger sapphire 34 sump with Deltec xi1000 skimmer.

Link to Build Thread -http://bostonreefers.org/forums/ind...0g-build-emoji102.157400/page-12#post-1429014

Area of Strength in the hobby - Not sure if I have a real strength but I am very detailed and a little ocd to get to the bottom of issues. I do a lot of research and will not give recommendations if I have never done it, encountered it myself or owned the specific piece of equipment.

Years in the hobby - 10 years- I Joined this club in 2013. I never had an aquarium before. I jumped in feet fist with a solid 2 weeks or research (not google!) my first build was a 55g saltwater system. I then did a build of a 40G breeder before doing a tank transfer of them both to my current 120G system in 2017 I did have my share of ups and down as all reefers do, but in my short 10 years I have learned what I feel like a lifetime of information and still learn everyday.

Favorite Hobby Outside of Reefkeeping -I enjoy other hobbies such as Mtn. biking, hiking, and building things I wish were already made.

Current Tank Photo - 12/22/22 :) :p getting a little crowded in there.

6B9933C9-81BC-4E15-B752-68CC50F1F9B6.jpeg

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back