My goni garden

frank180reef

BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
Love them
MVIMG_20180508_110854.jpg

Nice! Goniporas are so cool looking. That's one of the very few corals which I've never had good luck with them unfortunately. That middle orange/rose one looks nice.

Nice. I am on my third try with gonipora. Tried green (dead) hot pink (almost dead) and picked up a reddish/purplish one at the last meeting. Hope it does well!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful, the long polyps goni are very pretty.

7-8dkh 420ppm. But yes swings probably. Dosing regiment is next on the list of upgrades.

Since people struggle with these, perhaps you could share your parameters and perhaps offer an explanation why others fail with these? I had some red ones that were healthy and happy. Tank crashed. Virtually everything died in the tank. Fixed problems. The goni hung on for 1.2 years afterward but never really grew/recovered - nothing like the used too. My thoughts are that chemicals from the leather toad stool were incompatible with its existence (I blame every death on that thing).

I don't by the leathers...

You need to keep in top of alk calc mag.... They don't recover if these values slip

They don't recover

frank180 I just set up my ca reactor I am running the following levels

alk 8.2
ca 440-450
mag 1450

I was thinking on trying a goni in the near future, but I hear they usually die[emoji102][emoji102]. do you think theses stable levels are good enough for success with a goni?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back