My IM 30 Long -

Have you consider the orange stripe Cardinals? I've seen it on Divers Den or you can always buy them individually. Cardinal fish should fit this tank set up very well swimming in school nearby the mangrove tower. Are you using miracle mud in your sand bed for the mangroves and the macros?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those could be interesting. I'll have to look more into them. I'm not using mud. Just sand and liverock. They are still a few inches from the sand, but the roots are reaching. Seems like the roots are growing faster than the stem and leaves.

Yup. Miracle mud should help or research on dosing iron. I had mangroves before and they were such slow growers in my refugium. I dont think they process nutrients in full saltwater as well as they should because their natural habitat is brackish water but they have a special membrane or something that can filter out the salt but I suspect this filtering process slows down the growth process. Do you spray the leaves with freshwater daily to keep them vibrant and green?

Yup. Miracle mud should help or research on dosing iron. I had mangroves before and they were such slow growers in my refugium. I dont think they process nutrients in full saltwater as well as they should because their natural habitat is brackish water but they have a special membrane or something that can filter out the salt but I suspect this filtering process slows down the growth process. Do you spray the leaves with freshwater daily to keep them vibrant and green?

Yes I spray them daily and they are doing well. I don't have them as a primary exporter. More aesthetics with a slight benefit. The macros do more of the dirty work.

Looks terrible with a lid
IMG_1388.JPG

depends where you look your tank thru .
its that the original stand . ?
my tank with the original nuvo sr-60 stand i cant really see the top unless i want to .

it will grow on you
Btw your lights are wicked high

depends where you look your tank thru .
its that the original stand . ?
my tank with the original nuvo sr-60 stand i cant really see the top unless i want to .

it will grow on you
Btw your lights are wicked high

Ya I know they're high, but I run them more turned up. Water is only 12" deep. I look down in the tank all the time.

Your lighting setup is nuts.

Is that the green RFA from the VIP Reef group buy? Thats hot! I lost 2 nems from the recent outtage and heatwave.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Is that the green RFA from the VIP Reef group buy? Thats hot! I lost 2 nems from the recent outtage and heatwave.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
No. I got that for $15 from my lfs. One of the ones I got from our group buy didn't make it.

So I haven't really tested parameters besides nitrate since I started this tank. I've been using Red Sea coral pro salt for water changes every other week and saturated kalkwasser in ato with some daily drops of Mg. I decided to test the big 3 today and was surprised. It wasn't bad at all. I can probably cut down the Mg a drop or 2 every day and I need to get a phosphate kit, but once my macros start to take off, I probably won't test much anyway unless something looks wrong. Keep in mind, I have 5 fish, so the nitrates are pretty good for that bioload.

Ca - 480 ppm
KH - 8 dkh
Mg - 1460 ppm
Nitrate - 10 ppm
Salinity - 1.026 sg
pH - 8.15-8.35 throughout the day.

Just got the same tank and started moving stuff over last night. Upgraded from a 20 gal jbj frag tank. It's just the right size and pretty fun to work with.
a4b4d56a84109226a0691b98e8bf577f.jpg

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back