Nano Skimmer Recommendations?

MaxNel

Non-member
Hi all,

I've been running a 25g nano for a little over a year now with frequent water changes and no skimmer. I'm thinking of finally getting the skimmer that I keep telling myself I'll get soon, but all the nano skimmers seem to have pretty mixed reviews. Do any of you have firsthand experience with any of them? I'm looking specifically at the hydor slimskim, the Tunze 9001, and the MAME/reef glass style skimmers, but I'm open to any recommendations.

Thanks!

I would invest in an automatic water change solution I have not found an effective nano skimmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would invest in an automatic water change solution I have not found an effective nano skimmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting suggestion. Especially now that auto WC unit can run $200-300 and not much more than a nano skimmer; especially a MAME.

I have a MAME overflow. It's mostly okay, a pain to dial in, and requires frequent cleaning and occasional complete cleaning (pain in the but).

Interesting suggestion. Especially now that auto WC unit can run $200-300 and not much more than a nano skimmer; especially a MAME.

I have a MAME overflow. It's mostly okay, a pain to dial in, and requires frequent cleaning and occasional complete cleaning (pain in the but).

I use an Apex DOSE on mine changing 1 gallon a day on my 40B. I now never carry water and only have to make water once a month. The time I save more than covers the cost of the DOSE.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back