New 120g

Ace roto-mold 55g storage tanks for water change and new rodi ato storage. Bought 6 weeks ago

c1a6d49bed699170706c84f38ed5574d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give me about a month I have a crazy idea in my head for installing a hi low switch in the rodi container. That way I can run my ato and kalk stirrer out of the storage container and I won't have to worry about filling up an ato storage container again. Also planing on having the salt water pump directly from saltwater storage into tank. Haven't figured out how I'm going to get the old saltwater out of my tank yet and where I will dispose of it yet. Trying to make water changes as easy as possible so I don't get lazy and not do them

I hate doing water changes. the way I do them now is a hassle. I enjoy having a couple beers and staring at the tank. very relieving

I love doing water changes, I just hate carrying up buckets from the basement. Working on a solution for that.

big thanks to Nick for helping me out with getting rid of most of the blue color from my radions

Got some stuff to build my water change station and rodi storage tank setup

b1c3d47f82d01b5975167b9d22ec0304.jpg

Last edited:
Got some new corals here are the vender pictures
Walt disney, uc yellow pineapple acro, uc yellow diva acro
fd1c6bb448c87cada71565f4cf1b834e.jpg

Solomon island blue tort, pink lemonade, cotton candy
edd9c83439d657a38258002abdecbd8e.jpg

Yea they looks super nice on uc site. This is like my 5th order with them. Always happy with the corals I get from uc

So I got a newish 8 lamp t5 tek light and I took out the 4 middle lamps and installed my radion G4 pros I think it looks a lot cleaner then the radions on the rms and individual t5 lights. I notice a huge diff with the used to be shaded areas mainly under rocks and under coral. We shall see the long term effects soon.

beca6c664fae561d9c95fc8d6171510c.jpg

Also got a geo 618 calcium reactor that I will be setting up next week while on vacation. I know it will be tough to determine if the t5s or the reactor helps sps growth. That's even if I do get better growth. I assume I will I just won't know what caused the new growth

Ugh, sorry to hear the tank migration with the new sump/frag tank was so rough. I had a similar pain with our tank move on our smaller tank putting our fish/corals in a holding tank for longer than I wanted.

Looks like a beautiful tank and a nice system with a lot of volume. Who made your display? Did it have a stock overflow or did you DIY?

Best of luck. New setup seems great. Dong is a great resource both for coral and advice, definitely a great person to know while you're re-populating your tank.

It's a non reef ready 120g tank I drilled hole in the back for drains and made my own coast to coast overflow out of black acrylic. Yea it sucks about the coral but what are you going to do. Gotta suck it up and drive on.

Jason fox Foxflame encrusting really good

reeftech startburst cap

sc orange passion with white lights, just started to encrust pretty good now

walt disney with white lights

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back