New paid member

$uicide $hift

Non-member
Hey all - signed up in the last month, sent in membership payment today as I have met a few local members due to this site.

Ran a 20G tropical and 55G cichlid tank about 20 years ago. Decided to try a saltwater tank for my bedroom.

So far this is what I have setup:

- Red Sea Reefer Deluxe 250 (54 DT, 11G sump)

- 2X HI Hydra 26 HD

- Reef Octopus Classic 150sss Protein Skimmer

- 2X Jebao PP-8 power head

- Mag 7 return pump

Here is a link to this new setup, yes it is sparse as I am just starting out. Can anyone identify the first coral in the video? It was sold as a torch and I believe it may be a grape coral (form of torch). Just curious if it is a grape torch or not. If anyone thinks my flow around my corals is wrong please let me know. Thanks :)

https://goo.gl/photos/ddbT5cbeBssvvtq16

Welcome
Kinda looks like a hammer and not a torch , might just be me
( just looked up grape coral and definitely looks more like that )
It might be getting hit with too much flow to open up

Last edited:
Where I bought it the other corals look the same as far as how open they are. At night the tentacles shrink down and it is a bit tighter but when the lights come on for the day it opens back up to what you see in the video. I don't believe it can open up any more than it has. This is why I was thinking it was more of a grape (torch) than a straight up torch. From what I understand they are still a torch and need to be kept away from other corals so they don't sting them. I will be adding a hammer at some point and even though they are both euphyllia I understand that any torch should not be near any other euphyllia. Other euphyllias can be in close proximity such as hammer and frogspawn from what I have researched.

Looking good so far. I like your aquascape with the caves along the bottom.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back