New Purple tang (Live Aquaria)

jonros

Non-member
Lost my Achilles to ick, and wanted another. Couldn't resist LA sale on the Purple, and it arrived today.

So here it is, 4 hours later, and for the past half hour ,it's JUST pacing back and forth, back and forth, against the egg crate I am using to separate it and another fish I just got from the rest.

Don't know what, if anything, that means. Other than I find it very odd. It's not like there is no room in its section - it has a third of the tank its ignoring and seems fixated on going to the other side. Expected it to hide a bit but it seems fearless.

I knew Achilles can be mean fish - is a Purple the same?

Purples are notoriously aggressive, what size tank do you have and what's the other fish he's fighting with?

Its a 125gal 6ft. Currently its not fighting with anyone per se, just pacing back and forth, and the Chrysurus it is with is not really paying attention to it, and vice versa.
It is still doing this. Beginning to wonder if its stress related behavior.
Other tankmates are a juve Queen and a small adult Blueface.

For newly captured fish it takes some time to adjust to captivity. He's probably stressed about the enclosure but it should pass in time

He is pondering which fish to kill first on the other side. He wants the other side, not the side he already has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously it is the juve queen he is eyeing on. Got to kill that thing he thinks.

He is pondering which fish to kill first on the other side. He wants the other side, not the side he already has.

Lol! Its a good thing its really small! And it didn't calm down up till lights out.

There'll be a for sale post shortly if indeed my tang won't tolerate the queen. Queen over the tang in my eyes - guess I got a feisty one.
Screenshot_20171004-102003.png

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back