New Reefer need help

Charliedsc

Non-member
I have a 40g breeder and I recently had a peppermint shrimp die along with my dry rocks starting to coat in algae. My water parameters are ok.. everything 0 except nitrates which are at 5ppm and a salinity of 1.025

Attachments

• IMG_0768.JPG
    IMG_0768.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 429
Did you drip acclimate the shrimp? Or has it been in your tank for a while?

inverts are really easy to kill . just a temp change can kill then . specially those peppermint they don't last long .i added two in my 60 gallon and never see then again they maybe alive or they maybe dead . i just know they did theyir job of eating two small aipstasia on one of my colonies of zoas i dint want to yank out . so i'm happy camper
i wont worry about the shrimp lost . just make sure to keep your nutrients in check for the algae bloom .

Tanks are like life it's always going thru phases It's normal to see an explosion in algae or diatoms just try ur best to keep nutrients low and all Parameters stable and it will be a phase make sure there is metals like copper getting in copper kills inverts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the tank is still new and cycling, inverts are very sensitive too

Are you sure the shrimp died or are you possibly seeing its molt? They will molt and shed their shell. It is usually the full shape of the shrimp and can be deceiving. I thought I lost a shrimp and turned out he molted.

Are you sure the shrimp died or are you possibly seeing its molt? They will molt and shed their shell. It is usually the full shape of the shrimp and can be deceiving. I thought I lost a shrimp and turned out he molted.
No he died.. I was thinking molt too until I realized one of my clowns or crabs ate his eye

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back