Official April Digi Growout Thread

jamesdong009

Anthony
Thank You to those who attended the meeting and entered into the contest .

As stated before, members who signed up for the contest, must have been present at the meeting to pick up your free contest frag.

Here are the rules that were listed from the Sign Up Thread.

- All participants must be paid members before receiving your coral
- Growout coral must be picked up in person at the April meeting
- Post your setup, your tank maintenance and treatment of incoming corals
- Take a photo of the frag within 2 weeks of acquiring it, regardless of treatment administered and condition of the tank (No Photoshop)
- Make sure to measure your frag
- Continue to monitor you system with bi-weekly or monthly photos of the coral and status updates and changes made to your system.
- At the end of the allotted time frame, we will judge the best grow out and declare a winner. The time frame will be 5 months, which will be around the September 2017 meeting.
- Since the frags may vary in size, the winner will be chosen by the percentage new growth
- Prize is $50 GC to the sponsor of your choice.
- Lastly, Have Fun!

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU PARTICIPATE IN THE OFFICIAL GROWOUT THREAD. YOU CAN HAVE THE MOST GROWTH BUT WITHOUT MONTHLY POSTS, YOU WILL NOT WIN THE CONTEST.

Here's a list of members who picked up their corals:

1. jamesdong009
2. cilyjr
3. TOOMANYFISH
4. s_kelley
5. aresangel
6. BadPapi
7. GobyWanKenobie
8. Bendint
9. mpsteve**
10. shoo
11. stocker
12. CaptainHook
13. wwdocp
14. frank180reef

Please shoot me a PM if I missed your name. Good luck everyone!

794a0932f72981cbd99ad873cab63e43.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tip has so polyps on it is that normal

38ca1c9fb2ab27c23576e042e8a01796.jpg

7/8th of an inch to start. Two Chinese led lights, no additives or supplements used. A jabo and koraline circulation pump.

Original placement is on the sand bed of a 72 bow front. May move it higher in time if I get a chance to glue it to a rock

I have 2 150 my 4 t5 300 diy leds no supplements I have them on my frag stand on front of glass in my 120 gal DT with 29 gal sump
0 nitrates /ites ammonia
Ph 8.2
1.022 salinity

Add Zirco to the list. I grabbed one at the last minute. I'd say mine is starting at 1¼ inches measured from the frag rack.

IMG_20170410_124545 (Copy).jpg

Zirco, since it is a percent growth contest you do not want to include the frag plug in your measurement. I would say your frag looks to be the same as mine 7/8ths of an inch tall.

448b2fcc80a6fa79ec6dde6b5009642c.jpg

80e2b1dac9ce85b0590e6f857daa713c.jpg

I have a 29 biocube with nanobox retro
Hydor ph dose Randy's 2 part every day
Might move it up if my anemones stay put

Zirco, since it is a percent growth contest you do not want to include the frag plug in your measurement. I would say your frag looks to be the same as mine 7/8ths of an inch tall.

Ah, didn't realize it was percentage based. 7/8 inch looks right to me, too.

Newly setup 20 gallon long QT with Maxspect LED (white=10%, blue=50%), Tunze skimmer, Tunze pump for water movement, and a 100W Eheim heater.
Frags dipped in flatworm exit and betadine.
Planning on doing 25% water change every couple of days and adding a couple live rocks from the DT.
Not doing anything at the moment.

Let's say 1 1/8th.
Dipped using bayer.
Tank is 180 mixed, lit by 3 ecotech radion 30 pro's. 2 mp40sfor flow. Reef octopus skimmer. Alk, calcium, and magnesium, added using a dosing pump.
c8982589bb9c6bef11542b060e8e1679.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My phone takes awful pics with the blues on it but heres my growout frag

Oh and I'm so good at Sps that franks grab bag one was dead before even making it into my tank lol

lol I think mine was dead I can't tell I think I can see ploys on mine but idk looks same

Back