Oh boy. Here we go again.

One Eye

former vp of pr
So those who remember me will probably laugh.

I just picked up a 180 from another member who is upgrading.

The tank is a little beat up but I will be wrapping all the trim anyway.

Just getting the stand started so the temp bracing is coming out today.

Attachments

• 9C5EC41D-52C7-4219-8495-88D819CA7A11.jpeg
    9C5EC41D-52C7-4219-8495-88D819CA7A11.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 606
Lol
Just get the size you want already and save the agony of rehoming everything in 6 months :p

I’ve done everything alone. Including getting the tank on the stand. Don’t think I can handle a 360! Wait? You have one for sale? :oops:

Are you gonna do a build thread on that? I'd love to know what you mean by wrapping the trim and removing the bracing.

Zinky. I’m not removing the tank bracing. I had temp bracing under the stand that I removed. By wrapping the trim I mean that when I do the finish work on the stand and hood it will hide the beat up trim that is on the tank.

Guru. I’ve got all the rough framing done on the stand and the hood. The hood goes right up to the ceiling and is hinged in the front. I have clips in the ceiling to hold it open when I’m working in the tank.

I also got about 1/2 the plumbing done today.

I plumbed it so I can put my quarantine under the stand. Just open a valve on the return line to fill the quarantine when I need it. Plenty of room under there to hang an led for lighting too.

Hood is framed. Still need to trim it out and paint it. The plumbing is done and the quarantine is in place.

I have the electrician coming Tuesday to hook up all the boxes to the breaker. I ran the wire and did the boxes myself but I want it hooked to the breaker by a pro.

After that I can start moving things over to the 180 and do the doors and trim on the stand when I feel like it.

Attachments

• CC1335FD-7725-496C-8E05-31390F2A9C32.jpeg
    CC1335FD-7725-496C-8E05-31390F2A9C32.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 529
3 250 watt 20k radium single ended and reefbrite led blues.

Instead of spending crazy money on Reefbrite led that use generic led chips, I have Cree led bars for half the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be coming down to see you soon Dong.

Electrician is coming today. He pushed me off yesterday.

I’m hoping to do the transfer this Sunday.

Do people still consider the double ended bulbs put out more than the single ended?

We used to consider a 250 DE as close to the same as a 400 SE.

Do people still consider the double ended bulbs put out more than the single ended?

We used to consider a 250 DE as close to the same as a 400 SE.

I do think the thinking has changed somewhat on this. The DE lamps / reflectors are really good at providing focused light, so they could generate impressive PAR numbers, but the SE lamps / reflectors tend to spread the light out a bit more so though their PAR numbers tend to seem less impressive, the actual difference in overall light output is not as much as traditional PAR readings suggest.

That and Radium lamps only come in SE, and an awful lot of people who still run MH prefer the Radiums. If I were setting up MH again I would be going with 250W SE Radium.

HTH, and nice to see you getting back into the hobby. I'm rebuilding myself after years of waning interest and then a major crash, so I'm all about renewed interest these days.
jk

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back