Party in my tank

And is the chart in ml ? So week 15 I'm giving my tank two shots of vinegar and8 ml of vodka

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes ML is corect

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, just do vinegar will work.
Vodka turns into vinegar biologically in reef tank.

Stumbled across this thread and was wondering how the vinegar dosing went? Did anyone try it? Was it effective? My no3 has been a little high as of late and have been doing extra water changes to control. Also waiting on a new refugium light, going to try a ChaetoMax.

So vinegar will magically make my algae go bye bye?? Because I've just been vodka dosing myself on account of the algae..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Alex, enough vodka and the algae doesn’t go away... your just don’t care anymore! Give it time, manual removal and maturation of the tank is the method I took.

What kind of algae and how old are your tanks? @Reefer508 @Abrooks12376

I don't have algae just high NO3, don't want any algae, and am starting to get more into SPS. The tank is over 15 years old, but recently started getting higher NO3. I'm not getting good cheato growth in my fuge for export so I am doing bigger water changes more often. Just was looking if there was an other way to reduce NO3. I don't over feed, I use RO water. Thanks for the info.

I don’t have algae and went back to vodka because the vinegar was dropping my ph too much and my no3 is ~ 5

It's 9 months... hair algae.. I know...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

That is a pain in the butt battle. When I had it I removed chucks of the rock and threw it or because it was easier than scrubbing it with a wire brush/toothbrush.

Another tool I used was over stock the crap of crabs and turbo snails. They die off
When food is gone but it helps. I had a 25 gallon and had a dozen blue legged a dozen Scarlett legged and 3 turbo snails. That with crappy manual labor helped a lot.

Reefer508, I hear ya. Thought about grabbing some sponges and anemones for your tank? They help bring that down trough filter feeding. I used to have mine in the 49-80ppm range then I got an anemone that split 4 times, sponges on the rock grew larger and now mine reads 0. So my no3 is being taken out as quick as it is put in.

I over feed my tank and my skimmer has been off for a month or two.

I shut my skimmer off and feed triple what I was and my sps look 100 times better. Also I have stuff floating all around my water and my corals love it. I also remove about half a five gallon bucket of chaeto every couple weeks

I’d love that option but not sump on this tank makes for tiny fuge lol

I shut my skimmer off and feed triple what I was and my sps look 100 times better. Also I have stuff floating all around my water and my corals love it. I also remove about half a five gallon bucket of chaeto every couple weeks
What are you using for fuge light? What size is your sump? What is your NO3 measuring at?

Kessil h380
My sump is a 125g tank but the section the chaeto is in, is maybe 20-30g
No3 is still undetectable
Po4 .03 the last time I tested a week ago.
I have been running the tank like this for maybe a month to a month and a half and things look far better

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back