Petco.com (website) - not bad!

JeanR

BRS Member
Hello, thought I would share my recent experience buying fish from Petco.com (the website, not the store).

I pulled the trigger on this order after chatting with a Petco store associate in Needham who explained to me that the Petco.com fish come from different (better) distributors than the stores use. He explained this to me as I was looking at some very ratty looking tangs in the stores tanks....Their website distributor (same used by LiveAquaria - Quality Marine?) is not big enough to supply so many Petco stores, but can handle traffic through the website.

Through the website you get free shipping at $175, no additional box fee (which LA currently has). There is no 14 day guarantee like LA, but there is a standard DOA policy but no guarantees beyond.

The current costs at Petco.com are significantly cheaper than LiveAquaria (about half), but the selection is pretty limited. That said I got a gorgeous copperband butterfly, two lyretail anthias, a powder blue tang, a cleaner shrimp and a few hermit crabs. The package arrived a few days later and the shrimp was DOA and there was only one anthias in the box instead of two. I contact customer service and they sent me another box with a replace shrimp and anthias the following week, no hassles what so ever.

All fish came is healthy and eating. The powder blue tang is pretty skinny but eating voraciously.

Overall it was a very good experience, I would buy from them again.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back