Plumbing terms explained

merk1_99

Salting away
Does anyone know a good website to explain what a single union ball is vs. true union ball...I am planning out my plumbing for the new tank, and know how to physically plumb it. Just need to figure out what the right way to do it is....And some of the terms are confusing on the check valves/union ball valves, union valves...etc...

Been on savko...I know what the parts are but what are their function...Like whatas the difference between a single union ball vs a true union ball, and how does that impact my plumbing decisions...I can put it together just don't know why I'm doing it...

Not sure of a site...

A single-union ball valve couples a union with a ball valve. A true-union ball value couples two unions with a ball valve between them.

So, if you want to be able to easily disconnect (or change plumbing) between your ball valve and whatever it connects with, you could use a single or true union ball valve. Or you could use a ball valve and put on the union(s) yourself.

True union ball valves are great (in my opinion), but they are often more expensive than buying the things separately. My experience though is that the true union ball valves are often of higher quality than the cheaper separate components you may use and also, and most importantly for me, the true-union valves will usually take up a lot less space (as in, you can fit them in less length than you could separate components).

So for this specific question, it comes down to determining what you need to disconnect easily. As a general rule, unions are your friend though. :)

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back