Plywood tank

Jaime

Non-member
Has anyone built a plywood tank?. I've been considering it for some time now as I want a 400g. Watched a bunch of videos how to make but not many updates on the tanks reliability.

There is a guy name Hesham on facebook who build about 2 plywood tanks already . He's on one of the new england fish facebook groups. You can ask him for advise or built one for you.

I've only seen videos myself, I'm a carpenter and I have no doubt it could be done. Over build the sh** out of it and over coat the inside of it. A welded metal frame would be the way to go if you don't want it to look like a Boston aquarium holding tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I'll give it to mid June to see if I find a glass one at a reasonable price or just start the build.

My mind too has been corrupted with the thoughts of a plywood tank. I'm probably a couple of years away from it though. You do yours first and let me know how it goes. My thought is to cut up a leaky 150 or 125 and use the glass from that.

I've seen a few videos where that's the way it was done.. I'm a machine operator at the moment but I have dabbled in carpentry. Definitely eager to see what I end up with.

Just find a used 150 gallon high fish tank for cheap and strip the silicone (72" length and 28" height) and use that as the glass

That's actually a good idea. It'll be cheaper than buying new glass. I see tanks up for sale cheap all the time.

Use to be a member here years ago with one, dont remeber his name though. Was about 400G, Had a front viewing panel and a porthole on each end of the tank.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back