Porch Pirates - Missing Package

I am the one that sold @marinehead the item he is talking about and shipped it priority Mail. he sent me a message on Sunday letting me know that the tracking number showed that his package I shipped him arrived at his address but communicated to me that he never received it.All I can say to protect my name on here is that ive sold 100's of saltwater equipment and coral to lots of people both here and on other saltwater forums as well without any issues other then a 800 dollar calcium reactor that I shipped and put 800.00 worth of insurance on and the packaged arrived to the person that bought it all smashed to pieces and UPS Refused to pay the claim!!!! I had to eat that cost on that all of it! so other then that one incident ive never had a issue shipping my used equipment to anyone. @marinehead actually said I was shady after telling him that his package was possibly stolen almost to the point like I had something to do with him not getting His package. I would strongly suggest to anyone that receives packages to either have a security camera aimed at where your packages are left or get a po box so you have to choice but to pick up the package, both are excellent ways at deterring a Theft. porch pitrates are always a big issue this time of year and with inflation and the cost of everything going up some people are turning to a "EASY STEAL" These days and a package left on a porch is a perfect target. I am sorry this. happened to him but I refuse to take the blame for this and I should not feel in any way that I should have to refund this guy his money.THIS WAS NOT MY FAULT!!!!!

I am the one that sold @marinehead the item he is talking about and shipped it priority Mail. he sent me a message on Sunday letting me know that the tracking number showed that his package I shipped him arrived at his address but communicated to me that he never received it.All I can say to protect my name on here is that ive sold 100's of saltwater equipment and coral to lots of people both here and on other saltwater forums as well without any issues other then a 800 dollar calcium reactor that I shipped and put 800.00 worth of insurance on and the packaged arrived to the person that bought it all smashed to pieces and UPS Refused to pay the claim!!!! I had to eat that cost on that all of it! so other then that one incident ive never had a issue shipping my used equipment to anyone. @marinehead actually said I was shady after telling him that his package was possibly stolen almost to the point like I had something to do with him not getting is package. I would strongly suggest to anyone that receives packages to either have a security camera aimed at where your packages are left or get a po box so you have to choice but to pick up the package, both are excellent ways at deterring a Theft. porch pitrates are always a big issue this time of year and with inflation and the cost of everything going up some people are turning to a "EASY STEAL" These days and a package left on a porch act is a perfect target. I am sorry this. happened to him but I refuse to take the blame for this and I should not feel in any way that I should have to refund this guy his money.THIS WAS NOT MY FAULT!!!!!

Don’t really feel like beating a dead horse, but I said you were SHADY primarily because before you even went to USPS, you already claimed it was stolen.

Also, to put the onus on myself alone saying because USPS said it was MY responsibility now and not offering to lend a helping hand. Now that you have my money is not good business.

Just sharing my experience is all.

Don’t really feel like beating a dead horse, but I said you were SHADY primarily because before you even went to USPS, you already claimed it was stolen.

Also, to put the onus on myself alone saying because USPS said it was MY responsibility now and not offering to lend a helping hand. Now that you have my money is not good business.

Just sharing my experience is all.
And I am telling my side is all. Of course I would say it was probably stolen because if it was not there where the mail person left it it obviously got stolen it sure as hell just did not go poof or walk away. ;-). if I were you I would look for somebody in your area trying to sell the PMK and if ya do have them send you a photo of it the one I shipped you had some putty at the bottom of the rock that the sensor sits in to help keep the wire in place, that would be a great hint that its the one I shipped you.

I know around here Sunday deliveries are occasionally done by drivers not familiar with the area and they have dropped off packages at the wrong addresses on numerous occasions.
Just yesterday I watched the USPS driver through my window as she put a package on my front porch. When I went out to get it, curious what it was because we weren't expecting anything, I checked the label. Wasn't ours ... it should have been delivered across the street.

So much for the driver reading the address and comparing the house #. There's a giant house # right next to our door where she dropped the package.

A wireless security camera will put a lot of minds at ease. Install it at a location that can be seen easily.

Occasionally I got packages dropped off that were not mine, and I had packages shipped to wrong addresses as well. Regardless which situations, the missing packages were alway marked delivered.
One time I got a message saying that a package was delivered at 11:35 am, then I went out to check, it was not there. Then I reviewed the security camera footage and showed no driver was ever enter my driveway that morning. I called xxxxx customer service and got to a human (luckily). At first the rep kept saying that the tracking number show the package was delivered and nothing he could do about it but to file a claim. Then I told him about the security camera, he then magically was able to pull the GPS tracking of the delivery truck. The GPS did show the package was dropped off to a different location.

Long story short, the package was hand delivered that afternoon by a local xxxxx manager.

After all, most major carriers can track the delivery location of a package, the matter is if they want to track it or not. Not sure about post office, because our local post office is great, never lost a package for me in the past decade and our dog loves the mailman as he brings her treats.

A wireless security camera will put a lot of minds at ease. Install it at a location that can be seen easily.
Yes a camera where it can be seen can help prevent thief’s and wrong delivery. Any of the carrier have gps on their truck so they can see where the packages is drop at if wrong addresses. But stolen goods they will not do anything and the local police will not also do anything about it and said will have a look out on the area only.

And I am telling my side is all. Of course I would say it was probably stolen because if it was not there where the mail person left it it obviously got stolen it sure as hell just did not go poof or walk away. ;-). if I were you I would look for somebody in your area trying to sell the PMK and if ya do have them send you a photo of it the one I shipped you had some putty at the bottom of the rock that the sensor sits in to help keep the wire in place, that would be a great hint that its the one I shipp
Occasionally I got packages dropped off that were not mine, and I had packages shipped to wrong addresses as well. Regardless which situations, the missing packages were alway marked delivered.
One time I got a message saying that a package was delivered at 11:35 am, then I went out to check, it was not there. Then I reviewed the security camera footage and showed no driver was ever enter my driveway that morning. I called xxxxx customer service and got to a human (luckily). At first the rep kept saying that the tracking number show the package was delivered and nothing he could do about it but to file a claim. Then I told him about the security camera, he then magically was able to pull the GPS tracking of the delivery truck. The GPS did show the package was dropped off to a different location.

Long story short, the package was hand delivered that afternoon by a local xxxxx manager.

After all, most major carriers can track the delivery location of a package, the matter is if they want to track it or not. Not sure about post office, because our local post office is great, never lost a package for me in the past decade and our dog loves the mailman as he brings her treats.
Hopefully my story is similar. Missed delivery is my initial thought as I’ve never had a package go undelivered. My mind isn’t usually thinking “stolen” immediately.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately, it’s an apartment complex and so that is a privacy issue and is not an option this time. However, lesson learned and I will be more on guard with doing business in the future.

It is what it is, and karma comes back four-fold. Unfortunate that people do this, but it’s the world we live in.

Sell a lot of stuff on ebay and occasionally the USPS scan the item as delivered and never drop it off. A lot of the times it will be dropped off in the next day or two. heres to hoping this happens for you!

Hopefully my story is similar. Missed delivery is my initial thought as I’ve never had a package go undelivered. My mind isn’t usually thinking “stolen” immediately.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately, it’s an apartment complex and so that is a privacy issue and is not an option this time. However, lesson learned and I will be more on guard with doing business in the future.

It is what it is, and karma comes back four-fold. Unfortunate that people do this, but it’s the world we live in.
You shipped the item and was delivered by the carrier, no fault on you that it didn't stay in place or was delivered to the right place. We too constantly get wrong packages delivered to our door. I normally just deliver them if a neighbors or call the delivery company if they are really far off but happens quite a bit.

You shipped the item and was delivered by the carrier, no fault on you that it didn't stay in place or was delivered to the right place. We too constantly get wrong packages delivered to our door. I normally just deliver them if a neighbors or call the delivery company if they are really far off but happens quite a bit.
This reflects more on the risk the person who is receiving takes.

Take it from me, I purchased something, did not receive it, sender says oh well “porch pirates”, it’s on you now.

I’m enlightening everyone on what could happen if things don’t happen the way they should, which apparently is an extremely common thing nowadays! (Can’t believe I didn’t know!). I’m out $190 no big deal I guess! Since It happens ALL THE TIME, with EVERYONE!

I just hand delivered a package to my neighbor yesterday. Did you ever contact your local post office to see if they could give you the GPS data on the delivery if it's available.

This reflects more on the risk the person who is receiving takes.

Take it from me, I purchased something, did not receive it, sender says oh well “porch pirates”, it’s on you now.

I’m enlightening everyone on what could happen if things don’t happen the way they should, which apparently is an extremely common thing nowadays! (Can’t believe I didn’t know!). I’m out $190 no big deal I guess! Since It happens ALL THE TIME, with EVERYONE!
Not saying it isnt a big deal, just has nothing to do with the seller. He shipped the package and it was delivered. Now if the package turns up and it isnt what you paid for or was mis represented then I agree that is an issue on the seller.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back