Power outage

I’m all good with winter storms that’s in January or February. But man, these March storms are a PITA. The air is warmer and full of moisture, making the snow very heavy and damaging.

I’m all good with winter storms that’s in January or February. But man, these March storms are a PITA. The air is warmer and full of moisture, making the snow very heavy and damaging.
I hated the snow from the last storm. Hated it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Look on the bright side, you don’t have to travel to the gym to get that workout in :p

I guess they use a inverter to go from ac to dc back to ac so the signal is clean and consistent

EU models are inverter generators. They run MUCH quieter. You can stand next to it and have a normal conversation. Where as a generac or dewalt is more for construction sites so noise is not a problem. The Honda EU2000 runs like an older dishwasher, where the generac is like a lawnmower or louder! You pay for the sound and inverter built in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EU models are inverter generators. They run MUCH quieter. You can stand next to it and have a normal conversation. Where as a generac or dewalt is more for construction sites so noise is not a problem. The Honda EU2000 runs like an older dishwasher, where the generac is like a lawnmower or louder! You pay for the sound and inverter built in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honda is the quietest gen. You pay some extra$$ but defiantly neighbor freindly[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

well, depends. Natural gas might not make it as portable. If I need power to work on something in the way back yard, I wheel my Honda and use my power tools.
I wish their 10KW is an Inverter. The only thing I can use more is a little more power to power the AC compressor. But that's not really needed during a power outage. Now, I'm asking for luxury...:D
Whenever they release their parallel kit for the EU7000 so that two of them can be hooked up to make 14KW surge and 10KW running, I'll be looking into one.

Honda is the quietest gen. You pay some extra$$ but defiantly neighbor freindly[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks! I think that my neighbors would like that! But they are also the kind of homes/neighbors that have full home back-up units.

I have both the EU2000(over 10 years old) and recently picked up the EU7000 and love it. The EU7000 is so nice with the Fuel Injected engine. No carburetor to worry about.

Question about placement: For the Honda EU2000 how important is it to be protected from the elements? There isn't a way for me to keep the unit 15' ft from my home without exposure to the elements, and I already had a porch fire last spring which I am not looking to repeat (nor is my landlord).

IMG_5694.JPG

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back