Question for those familiar with SOL/Hydra/AI lighting systems

Pat02026

Non-member
I’m curious if there is anyone that could confirm the power supply that runs an AI SOL is similar or the same as Hydra (64 in this case), at least enough to power the hydra up for verification/potential troubleshooting?

Just as good, if someone owns a Hydra 64 could you provide the output specs (photo would be fantastic) on the label attached to the bottom of the power supply?

Potentially picking up a pair of 64’s for very cheap, cheap enough that I’d be ok if they are for parts only…. But no power supplies. And I’m somewhat confident I can get them up and running, but the new power supplies from AI are about as much as I’m paying for the lights and don’t want to double the cost if I’m going to end up with paperweights. I will have SOL power supplies on hand, but just want to see if they’ll work to test the 64’s if and when they arrive.

Thank you!
Pat

The power supply for AI sol will not power hydra 64. Please don’t connect a Sol power supply to a 64, it can potentially damage the 64.
Aftermarket power supply for Hydra 64 can be found on AliExpress but not much cheaper than the AI original powersupply.

Last edited:
Dong, Could you elaborate just a bit? Is the Sol a higher voltage than the Hydra or does the SOL not use a DC input? I don’t yet have either in front of me, so just trying to do a little homework prior to having either one in hand. I appreciate your response, I’m sure if anyone is familiar with the two lights it would certainly be you!

The Sol power supply does not have enough power to power 64. If I remember correctly, the voltage may be the same.
You may be able to use a Hydra 52 power supply to test the 64.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back