Radion Pro vs. Radion Blue

BiGGiePauls33

Current BRS President
Staff member
Officer
BRS Member
Hey All,

A good friend of mine is asking about Radions and I haven't had any experience with them since gen 4, so I value your input. Currently, he's running Kessil 700 in the he middle and two 4 bulb t5 on either sides.

Thoughts?
PXL_20230114_202325096.jpg

His tank looks nice. Anything wrong with the AP700s? Those are nice lights. Kessil color looks better than Radion IMO.

I’m running G5 pros. Blues too blue for me. Haven’t seen the G6 in person.

Comparison video.

I went with the Pro's. Like Devin says, it makes videos and photos a little easier. Blue is for those whole love the saturated blue look. Makes the corals pop a little more but harder to get footage.

You can get the color of pros with blue but you can’t do vice versa.
The difference of pros and blue is that one got more cool white and the other got more blue leds. You can turn down the blue in the blue. But you can’t add blue into the pros.
I went with the Blue and I can assure you my tank is whiter than most Pros users.
Pros will have more intensity than blue at 100% but hopefully no one needs to use them at 100% intensity

I feel like it’s more about the eyes of the beholder. I went with the blues because I like the look especially towards the ramp up and down. From the picture though it looks like they like the whites more so the pros would probably be better for them.

I just recently switched to g6 radions. I went back and forth a few times but settled on the pro’s. Exactly what this is me said, you can get the blue look from the pro’s but with the blues you get no white. I’ll be honest when I got the pros I thought it might have been the blues bc of the amount of blue that came thru. Definitely get plenty of blue with the pro’s. Would recommend the pros.

I just recently switched to g6 radions. I went back and forth a few times but settled on the pro’s. Exactly what this is me said, you can get the blue look from the pro’s but with the blues you get no white. I’ll be honest when I got the pros I thought it might have been the blues bc of the amount of blue that came thru. Definitely get plenty of blue with the pro’s. Would recommend the pros.
I think you might be misinterpreting what he was saying, he said “You can get the color of pros with blue but you can’t do vice versa”, and “You can turn down the blue in the blue. But you can’t add blue into the pros”. He also says he’s got the blues and runs his tank whiter than most who run the pros.

@this is me thoughts?

I think you might be misinterpreting what he was saying, he said “You can get the color of pros with blue but you can’t do vice versa”, and “You can turn down the blue in the blue. But you can’t add blue into the pros”. He also says he’s got the blues and runs his tank whiter than most who run the pros.

@this is me thoughts?
Your right. I did read that fast and I summarized it wrong; looks like he and i disagree on that. I will stand by my statement tho with the pro’s I feel like there is plenty of blue from what I get out of the pro.

i feel like its all up to the user references. If you like your tank mostly white or day spectrum go with the pros and you can add more led bar if you want more blue. But if you like your tank blue but less white you can always turn the blue down like what @this is me said.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back