Rbta vanished

tommy6905

Non-member
Came home from work today to find my bta missing. I know these guys can hide in tight areas but I've literally checked all my rock work except some pieces that are burrowed in the sand and don't want to reaquascape at the moment. I even checked overflow, sump, power heads are clear

Is it possible it melted away, no foul smells coming from the tank. parameters are all within range. Only new addition is a cleaner shrimp on saturday. Clowns look lost, so asking them got me no where

This photo was taken last night before lights out

Attachments

• IMG_1915.JPG
    IMG_1915.JPG
    222.2 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
It looks healthy. They can get real tight. I would wait it out. The clowns may have pissed it off right away??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

It looks healthy. They can get real tight. I would wait it out. The clowns may have pissed it off right away??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Ya I'll def wait it out a bit before tearing the tank apart. Just got me puzzled. And u could be right, clowns are clarkiis. They can be a bit aggressive. Nems been in my tank for about a month now, moved around a bit the first few weeks and finally settled in that spot

Last edited:
I had a few splits in a frag tank once that got down a drain pipe that was netted and into the sump. I was amazed.

I had a few splits in a frag tank once that got down a drain pipe that was netted and into the sump. I was amazed.
I checked all that, been looking in the tank all morning, still no sign of it. Even if it somehow died they'd be some evidence. And also no visual signs of it dying leading up to the disappearance. Just real weird

Alright guys, I removed pretty much every rock and still can't find this guy. How fast could a good clean up crew get rid of the nem if it died? Overnight?

Clean up crew could eat it in a few hours depending on what type and size
Ya I'm going to have to say that's what happened, got hermits, snails(assorted), couple bristle worms, goddam vermitid snails plus tons of pods, little starfish whatever their called. So ya I guess they could make quick work.

Just glad I didn't lose anything else, heard of nems crashing tanks

It’s going to surprise you and one of these days just show up. Thats my guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s going to surprise you and one of these days just show up. Thats my guess.

I bet your right and pretty much what I've been reading. I reaquascaped yesterday when I was moving some rock so maybe that'll bring it out of hiding

looked pretty healthy to melt and disappear overnight...everything else in the pic looks healthy too..be surprised if died...usually a noticeable decline in health before they melt

Did he ever show back up?

Ya in my skimmer, he was toast. Only thing I can come up with is I lost power during one of the storms about 4-5 days before it disappeared. The temp dropped pretty low before I woke up and caught it

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back