Red sea 525xl what light to run

Adam Blais

Non-member
I current have 3 ai hydra 26 hd on my reefer I'm going mainly sps thinking of going to a t5??? What size and how many bulb should I run ? Or other options

I think Bao made the correct determination for a full sps reef given the dimensions. the sunpower's length is 58.5" and your tank is the 59.5". The light is 17.5' wide and the tank is 22.5".This will give complete coverage of the tank. You could get away with the 4ft sunpower on the tank however you would have some diming around the edges and wouldnt be able to aquascape to the edge of the tank with sps which seems like a waste to me.
The hybrid is a wonderful light that gives amazing color and coral growth. Its the nicest combination light Ive seen in person. If I had a beautiful tank like yours I would definitely want the hyrbid over the sunpower however it all depends on budget.

Agreed I really like the hybrid as well but I'm not sure if I want to drop 1800 on a light when I have 3 ai hydra hd so all in all 60 inch fixture would be best or the 48 and put softies on the sides?

Why don’t you look into the aqualife hybrid light? It has 4 t-5 and you add it to your hydras. Brs has a video on it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ 1 to above . the Hydra 26 is a very capable light . Adding T5 to them via the new Aquaticlife hybrid T5 mount is cheapest way to go and very very effective

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back