Red slime and bio pellets

I've been running biopellets for a few years. tried various brands. Dr. Tim's caused massive sludge build up in reactor and i gave up with that. now running All-In-One (gfo coated). these do not clog reactor but the effluent residue needs to be dealt with. I used to run effluent piped direct to skimmer intake, now i run biopellet effluent into my 100 micron socks. I also suggest trying different brands of pellets. your redslime problems are either due to other husbandry issues, flow issues, or perhaps biologic (nutrient) imbalance that may have some connection to your biopellet setup.

I use rowaphos red sea kit says phosphate is between 0.02 and 0.04 my nitrates between 2 and 5 and I do 30 gallon water changes weekly and its a 120 with 40 breeder sump .should I pump the bio pellets to my skimmer I just have the return hose on front of the skimmer pump I don't what else I should do as for husbandry in the tank

Sounds like you’ve been doing the right things. NO3:pO4 seems balanced. Could be a flow issue or lighting has shifted spectrum as other sources of cyano possibly.
Is your water otherwise clear?
Have you tried dosing other bacteria (probiotic) to combat (mb7, continuum, af pro bio s, etc)
Siphon vac sand bed
Lastly if all failed use red slime remover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used red sea remover I have 4 no 10s on the tank full blast my water is clear the only thing I need to do is change my bulbs I know they are old and I have never tried any dosing

Back