Reef HD against algae

They grow so well in my tank. I'm gonna frag a piece and grow a tile of them. Maybe it could be a future grow out contest?

Indeed - thanks for asking.

1541028900869.png

ICP-OES results were received today. Results consistent with test kits.

High tin (Sn 16 ppb) was found. Previous ICP-OES results from Dec 2017 where also high in Sn (23 ppb). I ignored it as not possible last year (mistake). But after receiving results today, it shows that the original result was not due to laboratory error. I have had some issues with Acro growth and STN which I thought was due to other issues.

Source of contamination is not clear at this time.

Only slight rust on cabinet brackets (possible root cause)
No rouge metal or magnets found (root cause ruled out)
VWR (read higher quality) stainless steel tongs. (possible root cause) I will replace.
No PVC (root cause ruled out)
Ecotech MP10s. (possible root cause, not ruled out). But I'll pause before buying new wet sides as both are NMT 2 yrs old.
Source RODI and SW mixed water - unknown. RODI water is NMT 0-1 ppm. I will likely send for fresh SW test as it could be the barrel, power head or heater in mixing station.

Reading up on the issue, it looks like the best course of action is treatment with CupriSorb.

Any opinions?

ICP-OES Results 21Oct2018

ICP-OES Results Dec2017

Last edited:
Your po4 is a little elevated for acros but nothing out of this world. I’d try to keep it under .1

Yeah PO4 jumped recently over the last two months. Recently treated with PhosphateRx (02Oct) and running a little GFO. Will likely dose a little more to bring down to 0.05ish.

Not bad
It sucks that it doesn’t kill it all but without side effects it’s kinda of hard to complain :)

I had some a long time ago and put 3 emerald crabs in my tank.
The bubbles went away.i assumed it was the crabs eating it

I had some a long time ago and put 3 emerald crabs in my tank.
The bubbles went away.i assumed it was the crabs eating it

This measure was taken prior to treatment. Too much BA and no significant reduction. I am hoping that once the BA is under control, the emeralds currently present will keep the BA down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since there is an anti fungal in the water , popping then would not have as much of an adverse affect at this point no?

So if you pop them the reefhd might have more of an affect. Not sure how scientific this is but an idea I just had.

Have either of you read anything that would suggest this to be good or bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back