Reef Roids and PolypBooster - by Polyp Lab

higorc

Call me IGOR :)
BRS Member
I just bought some and was wondering who here uses it and their experiences or any warnings if any.

Thanks!
Higor

Yes and I’d be careful with nutrients I’ll use it once a week to target feed my gonis and chalices and broadcast the rest. Best done at night so everyone can eat

I use Reefroids 2ish times a week. I kinda do it whenever I walk by the tank, the night lights are on, and I've got 5 minutes to spare. As shown above, I feed only at night. Shut my pumps off and target feed everything with a turkey baster. Leave pumps off for normal feed cycle (10 minutes).I mix up 1/4 teaspoon for my tank in a small tupperware of tank water. I saw immediate improvement in growth in some corals, more polyp extension on others, and no change for some. No adverse effects, other than a little extra skimmate the next day. Overall I'm happy with it and will continue to feed whenever I remember to!

Thanks guys. I read some warning about nitrate build up and overdoing.

Have you used Polyp Booster along with it? I read some comments that's is a good pairing with the Roids before hand to entice corals even more.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I just started last week. I have been dosing Pro Bio S and -Np from AF while running GFO.
My nitrates and phophates are always zero, and my coral coloration has been affected.
I figured feeding the reef roids and polyp booster would be a good way to help bump my nitrates up a little. First I shut off my return pump and put my tunze on a low speed. Add a few drops of PolypBooster. This is supposed to trigger all of your corals to go into feeding mode. After a few minutes, I the rest of my pumps off, mix about 1/8 tsp to about 25mL of tank water. Then I target feed using a 5mL syringe with a bent needle tip (the one that came with my bottle of aptasia x)

I have been target feeding my few mini zoanthid colonies, and there are mixed results. My red people eaters, king midas and rastas definitely show a feeding response. I have some others that don't seem as interested. I only have a few SPS corals, but they are all fat and happy, and have exhibited better polp extension since I have started feeding reef roids. My Mushrooms, rhodactis and ricordea all seem to love the reef roids.

I have a few brain corals and anemones that go crazy with a few drops of PolypBooster. They are are showing a feeding response to the reef roids, but I don't know if they are able to get anything. I might start mixing in some meatier foods like Mysis for when I feel my LPS and Nems.

Positive results so far, but I haven't been using it long enough to comment on nutrient build up or growth.

Last edited:
Mix it with less water to a smooth consistency. Suck it up with a syringe, it’ll come out almost like frosting. Feed all the meat lovers first( don’t exaggerate, little is a lot ) then suck in some more water to broadcast it in the water

So the best time to do it is at night when the lights are turning off?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

After they’re off for ~1 hour. Corals try to eat at night in the wild because of predators. It’s probably etched in their dna still

I don’t since I have a small tank, my nutrients go sky high quick. But a lot of people leave it off for a few hours

curious if you stop your skimmer for a couple hours or overnight when putting this in the water.

I don’t since I have a small tank, my nutrients go sky high quick. But a lot of people leave it off for a few hours

That's a great question. The only thing I currently dose is AcroPower, and I usually set the skimmer to be off for about an hour after dosing.

Back