Reeflo pump issue

Rgbpixels

Non-member
Hello,
This is my second Reeflo barracuda gold in the last 4 months. Today I noticed this near the shaft. Not sure what this is and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Not impressed with these pumps. Any thoughts on a pump that will handle 19 feet of head pressure (my sump is in the basement)?
Thank you
331e6d5020f7f6dc4b3790c9512e7913.jpg
fcf991a47d945942e462b14d6920b819.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Something is leaking :(

I have been using a second hand PanWorld 200PS for atleast 8yrs pushing just under 30' of head at 80% (ball valve restricting). Not sure how long the previous owner ran it.

So it’s leaking? There is nothing that could be getting in there. Grr. Any thoughts on how to fix the leak? I sent reeflo an email but no response yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1st guess, oil from the motor and or both sides and oil/salt water mixing.

Reeflo have an 800#?
Sometimes the old fashion phone call may provide quicker results, lol.
Anything come up using Google (Reeflo XXX leaking.......XXXX being model#).

Reeflo does not provide phone numbers they only work support through email is what I was told when I had problems last time :-(
I am regretting this purchase.

Did you send an email to: emergency@reeflopumps.com
It looks like the seal to the impeller is leaking slightly. They should be replaceable. I just bought a Hammerhead with the Baldor motor for my new build. Hopefully this is not going to be an issue. I've heard really good things about their pumps. I also had good communication with Chris at Reeflo to spec the right pump. Unfortunately this happened during the holidays. Good luck with getting it fixed.

they will send you a new pump and you send that one back . I have 2 of them sitting around collecting dust lol. I downsized . I might sell them eventually

Did you send an email to: emergency@reeflopumps.com
It looks like the seal to the impeller is leaking slightly. They should be replaceable. I just bought a Hammerhead with the Baldor motor for my new build. Hopefully this is not going to be an issue. I've heard really good things about their pumps. I also had good communication with Chris at Reeflo to spec the right pump. Unfortunately this happened during the holidays. Good luck with getting it fixed.

Thank you. I did send an email to that address but no response yet. I posted a similar thread on anther forum and a lot of people have told me this is a common occurrence with these pumps. Wish I knew that before I purchased.

Do you have the Baldor motor? I know that the gold series is now an in between model that is a Chinese knock off of the Baldor. It may be that it has a bit more vibration and ruins the seal causing a slight leak.

Do you have the Baldor motor? I know that the gold series is now an in between model that is a Chinese knock off of the Baldor. It may be that it has a bit more vibration and ruins the seal causing a slight leak.

It is the Baldor motor. :-(

The older Reeflo pumps with the Baldor motors were much better. New ones seem like they are lower quality even their replacement parts are lower quality now. That said they are usually good about fixing their products or sending parts but yes it can take a bit to hear back from them. Plus it's the holidays so it may slow them down.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back