RODI Flow

Lurchin

BRS Member
Hello!
I am getting backing into reefing after 16 years. I brought out the old 5 stage RODI unit, replaced all the filters and membrane, but don't seem to be getting any "good" water. However, the waste water line is flowing out out pretty good. I also notice that the resin chamber doesn't appear to have any water. Any thoughts on what could be the reason? TIA
IMG_5694 (002).JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5695 (002).JPG
    IMG_5695 (002).JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 138
I don't think I have a flush valve, but I can double check. The waste water line gushes out. I don't recall that I got that type of flow when I last used it.
The membrane is new, just replaced it.

I'm experiencing the same thing currently, replaced ro membrane and all filters 2 weeks ago. 75gpd and water barely trickles out. Roughly 24 hours for 15 gallons of good water. Gonna take it apart this week to try and figure it out. Good luck with yours.

Yes, I tried reinstalling all the filters and membranes. Going to try again this weekend. I was hoping that the tank would have water by now!

I also notice there doesn't appear to be any water in the resin chamber. Should there be water in there?

The restrictor goes in the waste line and needs to be matched to the membrane, proper restrictor length to membrane rated flow rate. Try and Google it

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back