Running start with this new setup

Sdeluca10

BRS Member
Thanks to a very nice gentleman in middleboro who gifted me all of this rock, after he broke down his 300 gallon setup, I am beyond ecstatic with how this is turning out. I can just vision some nice big tangs swimming in and out of the caves. Corals encrusted on the rocks with popping colors. The clownfish hosting a large Anenome. Maybe a couple clams in the sand bed. This is gonna be fun. Some 15 year established live rock should help this tank cycle in record time.
A slow process for sure, but this is gonna be awesome.
I did decide to remove all of the damsels prior to putting all the rock in. Don’t wanna chance it down the road with the price of fish now-a-days.
9CB975BE-7DC9-41BB-B42E-84B2FFC4DF1F.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks great and smart call on the damsels!
Yeah for the time being i threw them in the refugium portion of my sump. That way I still get the benefit of them being “in the tank” for the cycle. Next time I go to get a new fish I’ll bring them back to the store.

Yeah for the time being i threw them in the refugium portion of my sump. That way I still get the benefit of them being “in the tank” for the cycle. Next time I go to get a new fish I’ll bring them back to the store.
Yea good decision, because it will be a mission to the moon if you left them in the display and try to get rid of them later on lol.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back