Seneye

CndReefs

Non-member
Does anyone have any experience with the Seneye monitor?
How accurate do you think the ph readings are?
The representative told me it works off of colorimetrics and is more precise than the standard probes.
Anyone use colorimetric ph unit?
The variance between the Seneye and my apex is pretty big I’d say.
Seneye 8.0 - 8.3
Apex 7.56 - 8.01
I’m stumped on what to believe.
Any help would be appreciated thanks

I have no experience with it, but how old is your Apex PH probe? That may be the culprit to your variance in readings.

I have the marine box checked on the Seneye.
Going to try recalibrating the apex probe one more time.

I have both Seneye and Apex. Trust the apex reading especially if recently calibrated. This is more or less a lab grade pH meter (especially if you have the lab grade probe). You could also cross-check against a new pH test kit or better yet another pH probe if you have. I have a handheld unit for this such worry.

So I just recalibrated the apex probe ( Brs lab grade probe ) and dunked it back in the 7.0 solution and got 7.16 then went back to the 10.0 and got 9.81. Somethings not right with this.

pH probe, when calibrated, is one of the most sensitive and at the same time most selective sensors there is and has an unmatched measurement of pH 0 to 14. On the other hand, colorimetric measurement can be off due to slightly discolored tank water, which is very common in reef tanks.

Try re-calibrating again. In the lab, we will re-calibrate again in the event of buffer check failure. If still off by more than +/- 0.05, try performing the manual calibration. One other factor that could be contributing (but unlikely) is your mixing in std (if you're using those foil pouches mix gently but thoroughly) or rinsing (ideally use rodi).

I rinse in rodi prior and in between changing packets. Going to try rebooting the apex ,resetting the apex ph probe to factory without the probe attached and then recalibrating the probe. Thx for the help
How do you manually correct the apex probe?

How do you manually correct the apex probe?

Under the advanced tab

c24f4188a575e38085b5e915e03e9794.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You also remind me that I am overdue for recal of my probe. Ahh, that will need to wait; I don't want to deal with the annoyance of when the meters don't recal on the first try. It is surprisingly common especially with lower grade equipment.

Conductivity probes are also finicky from time to time.

Back