Skimmer Suggestions For Shallow Frag Tank

madducks42

Resident Nihilist
BRS Member
I got a small shallow frag tank last year, dimensions are roughly 24"x24"x10". Overall the tank has been doing pretty well and it's been pretty low maintenance. The skimmer hasn't been working great though. I don't think it was meant to work in such a shallow situation and it seems like a lot of the water seeps out of it instead of bubbling up to the top level. This is the one that I got - https://www.aquacave.com/bubble-mag...MIs6-_wevq3QIVhSFpCh3qoAhkEAQYASABEgIjYvD_BwE - I can't really get anything bigger than that because of where it sits in the frag tank. I've been debating switching it off and seeing how the tank fairs without it, although from everything I've read about frag tanks most people suggest running a skimmer. There is no other form of nutrient export in the tank besides the skimmer and weekly water changes I do. Most of my frags are LPS but I do have a few SPS in there.

I think weekly 10 to 15% water change will get the job done. I will keep the skimmer running at low water level to enrich the oxygen level in the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back