SOLVED - Suggestions for TDS issue

mustangtjb

BRS Member
Hey All,

Thx for taking the time to read. I recently did a full change out on my RODI system. Admittedly it was over due but PRE change TDS was fluctuating between 3/4. That said, I did a full change out. It's the 150 gallon system from BRS. Since changing the system out I can't seem to get the TDS below 4.

Last night after letting it sit a few days I thought I was good. I ran it and the meter decreased from 4 to 1. I shut it off for the night hoping I could make additional water today. This morning it started at 1 TDS is now reading 5 WTF ?? Frustrating.

List of what's been done so far: (post filter replacement)
- Flushed on multiple occasions for prolly a total of 2+ hours on/off.
-Did a run of 10-15 gallons in hopes I'd eventually hit 0 TDS = nojoy.
-Validated that the actual TDS meter on the output side is matching a TDS pen.
-Pulled it apart to ensure all filters were seated as best as possible.

A question I have is does DI resin expire ? It was stored/sealed in a dark place but is old.

Last question, I've had no choice to do top off water of up to 6/7ppm while trying to fix the issue. My main system is 115 gallons, I have other tanks too so it's systemic in that I'm adding the water to all tanks. (of course it's happening during the winter where I'm evapping like crazy.) All fish seem fine so far but I'm working on 2 weeks of "dirty" top off water.

Any thoughts feedback would be appreciated.

Thx, Tom

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back