Terminal male emerging: bimaculatus

gwdemos

BRS Member
I've kept Herum of anthias for years. Bimaculatus lineatus lyre tail. And have seen some dominance from time to time. For about 16 months I've had two bimaculatus sub alpha male and they've seemed to keep their distance. Today I think one has become terminal make because the other is slimed up and banged up. He's been hiding out past couple days but today was kicked out of his cave and bullied. Anyone observe this? I've got 6 bimacs and 8 or 9 lineatus Here is crappy pic of sub male bimac licking wounds with lineatus hanging near him and a tough pic of emerging terminal male
ce746bcc8fc2b8398481c3d5efcb8be9.jpg
65f86437fedc397ce73cbb2728fefa67.jpg
c30f15d5634454dfd07980bf1a45d6fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is awesome!! I love to see things like this in the tank, nature at its best :)

That is awesome!! I love to see things like this in the tank, nature at its best :)

Unfortunately he/she got beat up too bad. I had it for three years. The two of them seemed to always keep to their half of the tank but a recent addition of a harlequin shrimp that this bimac was scared of kind of moves into his cave that disrupted things enough to make the two bimacs fight I think this is the case anyway. Sad though it didn't make it through the night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back