Ann. THANK YOU ALL FOR COMING TO FRAGSGIVING 2022!!

tkyee98

Yeet.Reefing
BRS Member
ON BEHALF OF THE BOSTON REEFERS BOD, THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO CAME TO THE EVENT!! SPECIAL THANKS TO @StourysReef Polo Reefs and @dz6t FOR SPEAKING AT THE EVENT.

Special thanks to all of the amazing vendors who came up.

And again thank you to everyone who came. I hope everyone had a blast, onto Fragsgiving 2023!!

Feel free to post some cool event pickups, defiently curious to see what people got!

Thanks for a fantastic day! It was great to see friends and fellow members, and I loved the blend of education and frags sales...and of course the raffle ;-).

These kinds of events don't happen on their own, so a special thanks to the BOD, Paul, Joe, and all involved.

I can't wait for next year!

Thanks to each and everyone of the membership that came out and helped us celebrate our 20th year as a 501c3 non-profit educational organization, without all of you there would be no us, so give yourselves a round of applause. All in all I think it was a great success to help put Boston Reefers Society, Inc. back on the map as one of the premier reef clubs around. Special shout out to @StourysReef, @Jcreef of Polo Reef for helping orchestrate a great educational presentation from Andrew Sandler and for supporting the now Annual Joseph A. Venuti Marine Science and Conservation Scholarship. Shout out to @marco67 for donating a pallet of Marco Rocks to be used towards the scholarship as well. Special shout out to @dz6t for the presentation and always supporting BRS with knowledge and coral donations .Shout out to all the vendors and sponsors that made this happen, I'm forever grateful to know each and everyone of you. I'd like to say that I won't be on for a few days to try and recoups some very much needed sleep, but who am I kidding, I've already logged in multiple times since leaving. I can't wait to see where next year's plans take us. The truly was a team effort with so many people to make it happen. Happy Reefing All :⁠-⁠)

*edit, I've been up for a few days and need to also acknowledge SALTYOLDDOG's children for coming out to see their father honored and generously contribute to the cause.

I know I've said it above but I'll say it again, I'm truly honored and forever grateful to be a part of such an amazing organization.

Last edited:
Wish I could have made it. Sounds like it was a great time! Any word on when the BRS clothing will be posted so members can purchase?
I'm going to relax for a few days and sort merchandise. Be on the lookout for announcements of what will be available. At some point probably after the new year a web shop will be setup to purchase merch, but theres already a laundry list of things to handle first. Elections need to be announced next month and all of you should want to be involved. Stay tuned!

Thanks to each and everyone of the membership that came out and helped us celebrate our 20th year as a 501c3 non-profit educational organization, without all of you there would be no us, so give yourselves a round of applause. All in all I think it was a great success to help put Boston Reefers Society, Inc. back on the map as one of the premier reef clubs around. Special shout out to @StourysReef, @Jcreef of Polo Reef for helping orchestrate a great educational presentation from Andrew Sandler and for supporting the now Annual Joseph A. Venuti Marine Science and Conservation Scholarship. Shout out to @marco67 for donating a pallet of Marco Rocks to be used towards the scholarship as well. Special shout out to @dz6t for the presentation and always supporting BRS with knowledge and coral donations .Shout out to all the vendors and sponsors that made this happen, I'm forever grateful to know each and everyone of you. I'd like to say that I won't be on for a few days to try and recoups some very much needed sleep, but who am I kidding, I've already logged in multiple times since leaving. I can't wait to see where next year's plans take us. The truly was a team effort with so many people to make it happen. Happy Reefing All :⁠-⁠)

*edit, I've been up for a few days and need to also acknowledge SALTYOLDDOG's children for coming out to see their father honored and generously contribute to the cause.

I know I've said it above but I'll say it again, I'm truly honored and forever grateful to be a part of such an amazing organization.

It was really fun. I loved it. can’t wait for next years Event maybe I’ll be lucky

This was my first meeting in 14-15 years. When I last went I was a teenager with my dad and the venues were smaller like legion posts and not as many attendees. It is fantastic to see where this club has gone through the years. Needless to say I was overwhelmed walking in with so much to look at from all the different vendors/sponsors you all did a wonderful job!!! I left with 37 frags 2 shrimp and a 50lb box of foundation Marco rock (which will be great for my 40 breeder and beyond lol). It was nice to see some familiar faces from back in the day but not many recognized me the joys of being young when I started lol. I hope all the vendors and sponsors did well (I tried my best to do my part lol) and will be back again! Thanks again everyone involved in setting this up and also the welcome goodie bag (first pair of those glasses wow was I missing out lol). I’ll try and get some pics when the lights come on.

Thank you to everyone who made it possible, it was a great day, my wallet is a bit lighter but my son enjoyed seeing and learning the whole day so it was worth it!

Hats off to the BOD as it is a ton of work to pull something like that off!! Here’s to fragsgiving ‘23!!!

@BiGGiePauls33 - Completely agree! @poloreef @StourysReef - you guys are welcome in Beantown anytime! Keep doing what you do! Much love from the Boston Reefers Society!

@Venuti family, @Poloreef @marco67[/USER] and and @BRS Member - we're on our way to awarding 2 deserving students a $5000.00 scholarship! Stand by for more info! RIP @SALTYOLDDOG - you're a gem!

We should have a post mortem on the show within a week or so. Please post any pics you can here or on our Instagram or Facebook page @bostonreefersociety

Thank you for the positive feedback. Keep the ideas coming! Elections are in a month - step up and contribute!

Cheers to another 20 years!

- Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
Back