The official par meter thread

mpsteve

Sps connoisseur
BRS Member
The par meters will be coming back to myself and AlbertG for the time being to have them calibrated.

We are starting a new par meter thread and I mpsteve will be heading this up to hopefully improve the tracking of the par meter. Please read this full post, and make sure all rules are followed. When I start getting private messages and all the correct info is not included I may be to busy to reply and you may be skipped over until all info is sent. Please no posting in this thread to keep it clean.

To end confusion, the dividing line with be basically rt20. For example newton will be south meter, Waltham north, Framingham south, Marlborough north, Shrewsbury south, Rutland north, Paxton south.

Below are the stipulations to borrowing the par meter.

1. You must have current paid membership through your intended time period with the light meter.

2. You must contact mpsteve and let him know you are interested in getting put into the rotation.

3. It is the responsibility of the member who is wanting to take possession of the par meter to arrange pickup of the meter. If the member relinquishing possession of the par meter wants to work with you then so be it.

4. When the members have exchanged possession of the par meter, it is both their responsibility to Pm mpsteve that they either have possession or have relinquished possession of the par meter off to (member name) please include which par meter was exchanged, north or south.

5. There is a $25.00 deposit that accepting member of the par meter gives to the relinquishing member of the par meter that accompanies the par meter. (this is to ensure movement of the par meter)

6. You must PM Mpsteve your full legal name, phone number, alternate phone#, valid email, current legal address, and which par meter you are requesting. All this info must be PM to mpsteve or you will not be added to the list in this first post.

7. It should not take more than 10 calendar days to complete your testing. If an issue occurs requiring more time contact mpsteve through PM and the member next in line to receive the par meter.

8. Do not accept the par meter for testing if you are going on vacation or an unforseen issue arises. Contact Mpsteve to get bypassed on the list and bumped to the next immediate slot.

9. The BOD reserves the right to change the rules as needed to keep the light meter a positive benefit for the members.

Par meter north of Boston

In possession of par meter
AlbertG
1.Afboundguy
2.Gurumasta
3.corey crossley
4.Collin

Par meter south of Boston

In possession of par meter

CrypticLifeStyle 10-21-2017

1.Albertg
2.Jeff.:p
3.Sirvine24
4.Technorch

Last edited:

afboundguy

Acan's are inedible candy
BRS Member
Could I throw my name on the north of Boston list? Maybe this time when I get it I'll actually take measurements :eek:

CrypticLifeStyle

BRS Member
As far as i kow they are both out of whack. I've had the south one for months, and it's very off, and unusable for accurate readings. They are supposed to be caliberated, but it would probably be best to raise money for new ones.

Just a FYI to those above

gurumasta

Senior Moron
BRS Member
As far as i kow they are both out of whack. I've had the south one for months, and it's very off, and unusable for accurate readings. They are supposed to be caliberated, but it would probably be best to raise money for new ones.

Just a FYI to those above

Lol good to know!

If they get calibrated accurately I am def interested but if they are whacked out I will hold off and I would be happy to contribute towards new ones.

Thanks!!

mpsteve

Sps connoisseur
BRS Member
We will be sending out the north meter(Albert did it get sent out?)

And I believe we want to get a new one to replace the south meter as it’s very old. I will keep adding people to the list as they sign up and I will let everyone know when we have this squared away

Technorch

BRS Member
We will be sending out the north meter(Albert did it get sent out?)

And I believe we want to get a new one to replace the south meter as it’s very old. I will keep adding people to the list as they sign up and I will let everyone know when we have this squared away
If you guys decide to get a new one, I'll give up my $25 deposit as a donation for the new club par meter

mpsteve

Sps connoisseur
BRS Member
Not sure if Albert sent the north meter out yet. And did we buy a new meter like we discussed the last time we had a bod meeting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrypticLifeStyle

BRS Member
If no one is ever going to pickup this broken meter I've had for almost 7 months, where can i mail it to? Lack of information is making me look like I'm hoarding it, and no one seems to be communicating about it openly, or with me. I've spoken to a few of you already, but the months keep going by. Whats the plan guys? There's names adding up on the list for it, and I've yet to even have a chance myself lol. At this point I just want it gone. Not being rude, just want to get the ball rolling.

Last edited:

aresangel

Tim- 2018 BRS Secretary
BRS Member
Officer
@AlbertG @ CrypticLifeStyle can we arrange a trade off? If you head west in the 495/rt2 area I am in Leominster and can pick it up. Otherwise I will leave it to the keeper of the north (Albert) to arrange pick up. Sorry for the delay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk