The Reef Rookie from Chelmsford

TheIronMustache

Non-member
First time reef builder here. In the process of putting together my first tank and I’m absolutely enthralled by it all. Been planning and picking up pieces here and there and hope to have everything ready to start adding stock by the beginning of the the new year.

I work in I.T./Automation so the technology out there for the hobby has me wicked excited and I can’t wait to see how this thing starts to unfold.

I had some bad luck at a couple LFS’ that I visited so far so I wanted to find some people that can help give me some reasonable opinions and advice on this road I have decided to go down.

Anyway, I found out about the organization on R2R and am super excited to see that it’s active!

7FF07425-C45A-4EE3-9F50-93180701A413.jpeg

I have been doing this for 20 years and still have plenty of questions! I don't live far from you over in Westford.
That’s awesome! What’s your go to LFS? I work in Newburyport and stopped by Jays in Salem on my way home from worked one day and it seemed pretty awesome from the short amount of time I was there. At least from what I could tell with my freshwater only knowledge.

That’s awesome! What’s your go to LFS? I work in Newburyport and stopped by Jays in Salem on my way home from worked one day and it seemed pretty awesome from the short amount of time I was there. At least from what I could tell with my freshwater only knowledge.
Welcome to Boston Reefers Society, I good lfs I go to is love the reef.

That probably is the closest/best one. There are smaller ones that are closer if you need something quick but I like Jays.

First time reef builder here. In the process of putting together my first tank and I’m absolutely enthralled by it all. Been planning and picking up pieces here and there and hope to have everything ready to start adding stock by the beginning of the the new year.

I work in I.T./Automation so the technology out there for the hobby has me wicked excited and I can’t wait to see how this thing starts to unfold.

I had some bad luck at a couple LFS’ that I visited so far so I wanted to find some people that can help give me some reasonable opinions and advice on this road I have decided to go down.

Anyway, I found out about the organization on R2R and am super excited to see that it’s active!
Welcome to the forum!! We like lots of pictures :)

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back