Tonight @7P on Rappin' - Paul Baldassano, Owner of a 51 Year Old Reef Tank

ReefBum

BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
Join me tonight at 7P for my chat with guest Paul Baldassano, who owns a 51 year old reef tank!

Paul, who is 73 years old, has been keeping fish since he was able to speak. His dad had a sea food market so he was around fish all his life….it's in his blood. At 18 he was drafted and spent a year in the jungles of Vietnam and Cambodia as a Sargent where he was awarded two Bronze Stars for Valor.

As soon as he returned in 1971, he started up his current reef tank. The glass has been changed three times due to scratches. He has two aquarium related patents and he wrote a book "The Avant-Garde Marine Aquarist". 100% of the profits go to MS research in his wife's name. Paul has been an avid diver since 1971…he has his own boat and equipment. Paul was a construction Electrician in Manhattan for about 48 years.

Join me tonight at 7P for my chat with guest Paul Baldassano, who owns a 51 year old reef tank!

Paul, who is 73 years old, has been keeping fish since he was able to speak. His dad had a sea food market so he was around fish all his life….it's in his blood. At 18 he was drafted and spent a year in the jungles of Vietnam and Cambodia as a Sargent where he was awarded two Bronze Stars for Valor.

As soon as he returned in 1971, he started up his current reef tank. The glass has been changed three times due to scratches. He has two aquarium related patents and he wrote a book "The Avant-Garde Marine Aquarist". 100% of the profits go to MS research in his wife's name. Paul has been an avid diver since 1971…he has his own boat and equipment. Paul was a construction Electrician in Manhattan for about 48 years.

See you later.

Going to rewatch after the show, love @Paul B's take on things. Reminds me of my Dad. I even had my Dad that just a few years older that they could be twins.

Thank you very much for another wonderful live stream.
Paul’s story is another wonderful example that there are many ways to successfully keeping a reef tank.
That is so true. A lot of times we think of reef tanks as the beautiful SPS dominant, such as the magnificent ones you can see at Acro Gardens in Concord Massachusetts, (shameless plug) but there's a wide variety of reef Tanks and an even wider approach to reefing.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back