My tanks number
Alk 9.8
Amm is 0
Phosphate is 0.08 from red sea
Nitrate 0.03 red sea
Nitrite us a trace under 0.01 red sea
Cal is 400 red sea
Mag is 1280 red sea
Is everything ideal or should I shoot for lower numbers?I have feather cal .grape caul.and cheato in my sump and phosphate media but my kit never reads below 0.08 phosphate

Last edited:
I think your parameters are good. Just keep it as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parameters look fine.
Never heard of advice"raise nutrients".
This must be some new fangle thing.:eek:

His nitrates are pretty low which could lead to burnt tips on sps with high alk. Only reason I suggested what I did but there’s always more than one way of doing things. I do agree if it’s not broken, don’t fix it.

I think for that alkalinity the calcium to balance is a little higher, 420-440 range... I could be wrong though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just want to try higher end acro but just scared lol and it seems I can't keep blue Hawkins alive they always rtn but my red dragon is growing

I have a Auto doser
Great! I think your prams are looking good. I try and keep my alk in between 8-9. And calcium in between 420-450. When I started getting into sps I tried to test those two everyday and keep a log book. It really helped get to know my tanks needs.
As for phosphate and nitrate try to keep them present in your tank. They do help with coloration. I personally am not a fan of dosing them (just one more thing to worry about). Just keep doing what your doing and set aside sometime for testing and research.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back